JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

PS5 will not display on CU 7000

(Topic created: 02-15-2024 07:32 PM)
dutch13
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Issue with PS5 on CU7000.  The TV recognizes the PS5 when HDMI is connected and attempts to display the PS5 on screen but the screen is black. I have been unable to find settings that allow the PS5 to display on the CU7000 screen.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi there! To add to what @user7ThN972p7a stated, here are some additional steps to try.  I've used these before to restore the picture when i've connected my PS5 to a different TV.

• Step 1: Hold the PlayStation 5’s power button down for six seconds
  • Step 2: Connect your DualSense controller via USB-C cable and press the PS button on the controller
  • Step 3: Joystick or D-pad down to the second option, ‘Change Video Output’
  • Step 4: Select the first option, ‘Change Resolution’
  • Step 5: Select ‘OK’ on the next screen to restart your PS5
  • Step 6: Select the video resolution that best matches your TV or ‘Automatic’ to let the PS5 determine this
  • Step 7: If you opt to manually choose your resolution, the next screen may ask you to select your transfer rate from ‘Automatic’, ‘-1’ or ‘-2’ options
Give this a try and you'll be good to go.  If this doesn't work, come back to us and we can look into other potential troubleshooting.  Thank you for being a Samsung customer!

View solution in context

2 Replies
user7ThN972p7a
Astronaut
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Check the ps5 display settings on another TV and see if it's set on auto. If not reset those settings to auto, turn off the ps5, hook it to the tv and then turn it on while the tv is on that input. Also check the cable. Sometimes it's just a weird compatibility issue. Hope one of these work for you.
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi there! To add to what @user7ThN972p7a stated, here are some additional steps to try.  I've used these before to restore the picture when i've connected my PS5 to a different TV.

• Step 1: Hold the PlayStation 5’s power button down for six seconds
  • Step 2: Connect your DualSense controller via USB-C cable and press the PS button on the controller
  • Step 3: Joystick or D-pad down to the second option, ‘Change Video Output’
  • Step 4: Select the first option, ‘Change Resolution’
  • Step 5: Select ‘OK’ on the next screen to restart your PS5
  • Step 6: Select the video resolution that best matches your TV or ‘Automatic’ to let the PS5 determine this
  • Step 7: If you opt to manually choose your resolution, the next screen may ask you to select your transfer rate from ‘Automatic’, ‘-1’ or ‘-2’ options
Give this a try and you'll be good to go.  If this doesn't work, come back to us and we can look into other potential troubleshooting.  Thank you for being a Samsung customer!