JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

S95D One Connect cable length

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
GordonM59
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm considering a new 2024 S95D TV.  This TV comes with a One Connect box.  I have a question about how long the One Connect cable is that comes with the TV.  I know there is a short one for use when the Connect box is mounted on the stand, plus a longer one.  I can't find any documentation about how long the longer cable is that comes with the TV.  The length may be different from past years so I'm interested in the length for the new models.

There are aftermarket Connect cables online but there are comments about them not being compatible with some TVs.  So I'm hoping that the original cable is long enough.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
GordonM59
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just picked up my new S95D.  The Connect cable is 8 ft long.  Still not long enough to wall mount the TV and have the Connect box off to a side cabinet unless it is directly below the TV.  That's a shame.

View solution in context

7 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs
The 2 in the box, the short one, is about 1' the long one, about 6'. according to people on Best Buys site.
0 Likes
GordonM59
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

If that's true (not saying that I doubt it, just saying) Samsung has really missed the mark on the usage of their wonderful Connect box.  The cable isn't long enough to really make it useful as a remote location and avoid bringing all of the cables to the TV.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs
They sell longer cable on their site
0 Likes
GordonM59
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Man, I tried to search the Samsung site for Connect cables and it didn't know what I was talking about.  Plus, if A maz on is any indication they are pretty expensive for something that should come from the manufacturer is a usable length.

Thanks for your info.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs
$300 for a 50' cable
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Upon further investigation, there isn't a longer cable for the Oled TV'S.

You need to call Samsung directly to confirm before you purchase if you have to have a longer cable.
0 Likes
Solution
GordonM59
Cosmic Ray
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I just picked up my new S95D.  The Connect cable is 8 ft long.  Still not long enough to wall mount the TV and have the Connect box off to a side cabinet unless it is directly below the TV.  That's a shame.