JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung UN70TU6980 TV Wall Mount Adapters

(Topic created: 05-02-2021 06:00 PM)
userC03GI95hxn
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I’m searching for a part number for the wall mount adapters for a UN70TU6980FXZA. Samsung support says they are needed but they are not included with the TV and they don’t offer them to sell. Doesn’t make sense at all. They claim it’s a standard hardware store item. Anyone run into this issue?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The documentation for your model shows no additional hardware requires, aside from what is included in the wall mount kit.

View solution in context

0 Likes
12 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

You should be able to find the parts you need at samsungparts.com

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userC03GI95hxn
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I checked there before and didn’t see anything under my model number.

0 Likes
sbsac
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The Samsung parts website doesn't offer a wall mount for several of their TV models 😕

0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The documentation for your model shows no additional hardware requires, aside from what is included in the wall mount kit.

0 Likes
userC03GI95hxn
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yeah I’ve noticed that. But since the screws fit loosely in the recessed mounting holes I thought the adapters are necessary. I asked Samsung about it and they told me they were required. I feel like using the screws without the adapters will cause the screws to bend since there is nothing to fill the gaps between the screws and the mounting holes.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

If you do not show a tight fit as in the image, there should be washers included in the wall mount kit to provide a tighter fit.

0 Likes
userC03GI95hxn
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I can get the screws tight no problem. I was more worried about the gaps between the screw threads and the housing of the TV. Maybe I'm just overthinking it.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

There needs to be some open area there to allow for heat expansion and contraction.

0 Likes
userC03GI95hxn
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I ended up just trying it out as shown in the manual... Seems to work just fine so far.

0 Likes