cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rbahador00
Asteroid

Smart TV Apps Keep Crashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Model UN55JJU6500 with firmware 1530. All apps crash multiple times. Most commonly used are Amazon, Netflix, Hulu, Pandora and Spotify. For me it's not just the apps that crash. The system menus are slow to respond and close spontaneously. I have requested help via the support tab. I was called and ran through the usual reboot/reset. The first time I did this it worked better for a while but now I cant get through a half hour show without the apps crashing. I thought that Samsung made the best TVs around? This one has very noticeable side lighting and the worst smart functionality I have ever seen. (Most of our family's electronics are Samsung and I have never been so disappointed in one. I have 4 other Samsung TVs in the house that work fine - but this is our main one).

Samsung what are you doing to rectify this?

(Original post to EU board accidentally on 12-05-2019 02:48 AM. 

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/TV/SmartTV-Apps-keep-crashing/m-p/1257145#M28598

I was not the first to post nor the latest and no one has received a response from Samsung yet.)

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Smart TV Apps Keep Crashing

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can manually load the update from https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2015-uhd-smart-tv-ju6500?redir=UN55JU6500FXZA. Under the download section, you sill find the updater file, along with the installation instructions.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

5 REPLIES 5
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

We are sorry to hear about this. We show software version 1540.3 is available on our site. Please try updating the software, and see if this helps your situation.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

rbahador00
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This did not correct the situation as the TV says there are no new updates available. 20190826_195954.jpg

20190826_200017.jpg

20190826_200021.jpg

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You can manually load the update from https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/2015-uhd-smart-tv-ju6500?redir=UN55JU6500FXZA. Under the download section, you sill find the updater file, along with the installation instructions.

rbahador00
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you very much for the quick reply. The update was successful. I will resolve as of now and if for some reason I find that the tv still crashes I will revise my post. 5 stars on response time!

rbahador00
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: I have not experienced a crash since the manual update over 2 weeks ago. Thanks a million!