JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Youtube issues after update ver 1310.4 (Q9FN)

(Topic created: 12-17-2020 05:33 PM)
Xion4360
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

After updating to the latest firmware, youtube now has issues.

Before I had no issues whatsoever playing 4K60fps videos with a network connection of over 100,000 kbps and a healthy buffer....now it's constant loading and defaulting to 360P.

Please look into it.

178 Replies
userx3UaEzHUmd
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Even I bought YouTube Premium to be able to watch live TV channels (I'm living in US and watching Turkish channels live on YouTube) on my pretty Samsung TV, now my 2nd cheap/budget Roku TV is able to play all 2K/4K videos on YouTube app but my Q7FN is not able to play. Need software update or hotfix immediately!

0 Likes
userU0ycD2F86Q
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

There is a new version - 16/12/2020. Has anything changed?

0 Likes
userx3UaEzHUmd
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Unfortunately no update yet. Still urgent hotfix from both Samsung and YouTube needed.

AndreiR033
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hello,

I am from Romania (Europe) and I have the same problem with 2 Samsung NU7402 TVs.

I also tried with another router on both 2.4 and 5 Ghz wireless connections and I had the same problem.

When the TV is connected to the internet by cable everything is working fine.

I also tried to watch videos using the Youtube app on a Playstation 4 and everything is working fine on wireless and over the cable.

So I am thinking the problem is with the TV and the Youtube app installed on the TV only when the TV is connected to the internet over WIFI.

I hope Samsung will fix this:)

hadouken1014
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame
Can't even watch videos on 1080p without it deciding to jump down to 360p. Don't know if it's samsung or youtube but at this point don't even care. Somebody needs to fix it at either company and this may be the last Samsung product I buy if this is the customer service being offered.
0 Likes
userU5XHp3a1G1
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Hi,

same problem for me on q6fqe55

version web_20201208_00_RC04 KANYM2 1310.4

Wifi speed is very good, but video switch in 360p regulary...

and recently, a new issue with in-video advertise (when i click ok to "pass" advertise, the app switch to next video on playlist)

Samsung please help or inform youtube to have a fix.

thanks.

0 Likes
userhTjLij6jY9
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

The whole thing is a bit of a mess...

I bought a Chromecast with Google TV to get around it, but they suck as they have fixed frame rate... 

one thing that may help though - over the weekend a "Movies and Shows" tab appeared, after that - mine seems fine - still on RC04

so, hopefully those of you with issues still will get that pop up on the left, and if you're like me after that, it should be business as usual.60A88A5B-E595-4078-A042-148BD656865E.jpeg

userU5XHp3a1G1
Constellation
Options
QLED and The Frame

Seem to be good after reset of network settings and reset of smart hub on QE55Q6FNAT

(to reset smart hub, make sure you are on TV source and go to settings, support, auto test and reset smart hub.

I'll reply to my post if the bug persist.

0 Likes
userkNObKwdAYr
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Having the same issue here on a 55 inch NU7400. 4k videos and some 1080p videos randomly drop down to 360p, despite having a fast, stable 150Mb connection. This is really unacceptable. It has been going on for almost 2 months, and Samsung don't seem interested at all in fixing it. My next TV definitely will NOT be a Samsung.

userx3UaEzHUmd
Asteroid
Options
QLED and The Frame

Definitely unacceptable. I'm able to watch 4K on my 4 years old (2017 Sharp Roku TV) cheap $400 bedroom TV, but I'm not able to watch on my $2000 living room Samsung Q7FN QLED TV. Samsung customer experience and support is really surprised me. 2 months guys come on! Still no hotfix or update or anything. This is unbelievable!