JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung remote trying to pair a keyboard

(Topic created: 09-26-2021 06:42 PM)
DJLOVE0454
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I cannot connect my smart remote to my TV (UN65MU6300). The on/off button will power the TV, but when I press any button the TV says "Connecting to the keyboard..." and then says it failed, and asks me to press the pairing button on the keyboard.

I've pressed the back and play/pause button to pair, and I've tried taking out the batteries and holding a button for 20 seconds to discharge them. I'm also using brand new batteries.

I also tried running the TV through the setup.

4 Replies
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I can definitely understand how frustrating this may be. Was this the remote that came with the unit?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
DJLOVE0454
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I found a solution.

First, turn off and unplug the television for 60 to 90 seconds.

Next, remove the batteries from the remote.   

Then press the power button on the remote and hold it for 90 seconds.

Plug the television back in.

Use the remote to turn the TV on.

Yes the problem should be fixed.

MsBri1
Neutron Star
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thank you so much for the update, I am so happy you were able to resolve the issue. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
jlilnc14
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
That didn't work for me. What worked for me was putting a network cable. Seems like the wireless hardware on the TV works only half the time.
0 Likes