Original topic:

Audio Cut Outs with Q700C eARC mode

(Topic created: 11-21-2023 09:10 AM)
ayang02
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

I’m currently using a 77” S95C paired with a Q700C soundbar. One issue has been bothering me for quite a while that is the audio cuts out when the soundbar is set to eARC mode. The cut outs may happen randomly and lasts 2-3 seconds (of audio silence). I don’t think the eARC connection dropped as the TV’s sound output remains the same through the process. I have tried many HDMI 2.1 cables that work perfectly fine with my PS5 (4k 120 HZ VRR and everything enabled) so I don’t think the cable is the issue here.

When I turn off eARC mode and just use ARC mode, no cut outs whatsoever. I’m thinking this may be a firmware issue with the TV or soundbar, both using the latest FW version.

Any suggestions will be appreciated!

10 Replies
Solution
OoYORIoO
Sun
Options
Home Theater
@ayang02 Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. I'd be pleased to assist you with your Samsung Televison and Sounbar. I'd like to suggest that you perform some additional troubleshooting steps.

1. Turn off the Samsung soundbar and remove the power switch from the main source.
2. Leave it like this for around 30 seconds.
3. Next, plug the switch back into the power source.
4. Finally, Turn the soundbar back on

You can also perform a "Hard Reset on your Samsung Q700C Soundbar. Please follow these steps:

Turn on the Samsung soundbar if it’s not switched on already.
Now, press and hold the Volume up and Volume down buttons simultaneously for about 5-10 seconds until the screen on the soundbar shows INIT.
It shows that the resetting process has started.
Wait until the screen shows “OK.”
Now, turn off your Samsung soundbar and then turn it on again, and VOILA, you’ve successfully reset your Samsung Soundbar.

Additionally you can also contact Samsung Customer Care at: 1-800-SAMSUNG

You can find Support Information from Samsung's website here:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/

Enter the model information for both your Samsung Television and Samsung Soundbar. Samsung has an extensive knowledge base through their website. Additionally you can also perform a search on the Samsung Member's Community in the search bar for further information and potential fixes that may have been suggested.

Thank you for using the Samsung Member's Community. Thank you!
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! If the suggestions from @xMATRIXx did not help then this will require service. Please feel free to use the information provided by them to get into direct contact with us to get set up. 

0 Likes
oneone1995
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

[bug report] same issue with s95z and q700c.

firmware version:1305.7

0 Likes
ayang02
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I think this is similar to my setup. Not sure what’s causing the issue: the soundbar or TV firmware.

0 Likes
oneone1995
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

You will find that playing video files from an external USB drive with eARC enabled will not have any issues. Additionally, I have installed Kodi on my Xbox to play WebDAV files with eARC enabled without any problems.

0 Likes
oneone1995
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

When did you notice the issue? It seems to have occurred after updating the TV firmware to version 1305.7, which was on November 16th

0 Likes
ayang02
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My issue started happening with S95C FW:1220. But then there has been a few soundbar firmware updates as well.

0 Likes
oneone1995
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Unfortunately, it not work for me

0 Likes
oneone1995
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@Samsung_Moderator