cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

BD-JM57C not connecting to wifi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I purchased this unit, and it will not connect to my wifi network.  I enter the pass phrase and it says it cannot connect.  It is connected to a samsung smart tv that connects to the same network.  I also have a Amazon TV box that connects from the same location.  I tried the unit on a second tv closer to the router and it still would not connect.

This is the second unit I have tried.  When the first one would not connect, I returned it thinking it was defective.  The second unit does the same thing.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: BD-JM57C not connecting to wifi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So it is able to see other wireless connections but just not connect? With your device on, please unplug it for 5 minutes and then plug it back in. Please try the following:

You will need:

• Network Name (SSID)
    • Network Key (password)
    • Blu-ray remote control
    • If using a manual network setup you will need the IP/Subnet/Gateway and DNS values. Auto is the default setting.

To connect your Blu-ray player to an existing wireless network, follow the steps below.

1. Power on your Blu-ray player and wait for the Home Menu to appear.  

2. The Photos panel is automatically highlighted. Press the down arrow on your Blu-ray remote to highlight one of the Apps. Next use your left or right arrow buttons on your Blu-ray remote to highlight the Settings icon and then press enter.

3. The Settings menu appears. Using the up or down arrows on your Blu-ray remote highlight Network and then press enter.

4. Use the up or down arrows on your Blu-ray remote to highlight Network Settings and then press enter.

5. The Network Settings screen appears. Network type is highlighted and Wireless is automatically selected. The Blu-ray player searches for available wireless networks automatically. Use the up or down arrows on your Blu-ray remote to highlight your Network name (SSID) and then press enter.

6. The on screen keyboard appears, use the arrow buttons on your Blu-ray remote to enter your network key. Be sure to highlight Done when you are finished entering the network key.

Important: If you press the enter button on the Blu-ray remote the last letter highlighted will be entered instead and the network test will fail.

7. The player then connects to the network and runs a network test. When complete, OK is automatically highlighted and then press enter.

• If the network test fails, confirm you have selected the correct network and have entered the network key correctly. If the network test takes about 1 minute or longer to complete this indicates the network key was entered incorrectly
  • If the network test continues to fail power off the player, the router, and the modem. Then power the modem back on and wait for it to connect to the network, then power on the router and wait for it to connect to the modem and make sure it's online indicator is on. Finally, power on the BD player and wait about 30 seconds before going to Settings > Network > Network Test and running another test. You can also go to Settings > Network Settings > Disconnect and then select IP settings to try connecting to the network again.

View solution in original post

79 REPLIES 79
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried resetting the router or trying a different router or hotspot?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I have tried both.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So it is able to see other wireless connections but just not connect? With your device on, please unplug it for 5 minutes and then plug it back in. Please try the following:

You will need:

• Network Name (SSID)
    • Network Key (password)
    • Blu-ray remote control
    • If using a manual network setup you will need the IP/Subnet/Gateway and DNS values. Auto is the default setting.

To connect your Blu-ray player to an existing wireless network, follow the steps below.

1. Power on your Blu-ray player and wait for the Home Menu to appear.  

2. The Photos panel is automatically highlighted. Press the down arrow on your Blu-ray remote to highlight one of the Apps. Next use your left or right arrow buttons on your Blu-ray remote to highlight the Settings icon and then press enter.

3. The Settings menu appears. Using the up or down arrows on your Blu-ray remote highlight Network and then press enter.

4. Use the up or down arrows on your Blu-ray remote to highlight Network Settings and then press enter.

5. The Network Settings screen appears. Network type is highlighted and Wireless is automatically selected. The Blu-ray player searches for available wireless networks automatically. Use the up or down arrows on your Blu-ray remote to highlight your Network name (SSID) and then press enter.

6. The on screen keyboard appears, use the arrow buttons on your Blu-ray remote to enter your network key. Be sure to highlight Done when you are finished entering the network key.

Important: If you press the enter button on the Blu-ray remote the last letter highlighted will be entered instead and the network test will fail.

7. The player then connects to the network and runs a network test. When complete, OK is automatically highlighted and then press enter.

• If the network test fails, confirm you have selected the correct network and have entered the network key correctly. If the network test takes about 1 minute or longer to complete this indicates the network key was entered incorrectly
  • If the network test continues to fail power off the player, the router, and the modem. Then power the modem back on and wait for it to connect to the network, then power on the router and wait for it to connect to the modem and make sure it's online indicator is on. Finally, power on the BD player and wait about 30 seconds before going to Settings > Network > Network Test and running another test. You can also go to Settings > Network Settings > Disconnect and then select IP settings to try connecting to the network again.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you! It is now working.

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad to hear it! You are very welcome!

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not working for me.  Smiley Sad

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not working for me either. 

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Could you send us a private message with the serial number?  

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same here mine has has not connected for 2 months. Any more ideas?