JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Best setup for DVD player and soundbar.

(Topic created: 02-19-2018 10:52 AM)
Southcoastie
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have been using my Samsung TV and Samsung soundbar connected by bluetooth. 2 days ago I purchaased a DVD player(replaced one that had been fried by lightning strike that entered house thru cable line). I noticed that when I looked at DVDs or watched Amazon Prime thru the DVD player that I had to increase the volume quite a bit to hear it. I purchased at optical audio cable. It runs from the DVD player to the soundbar. When I play a DVD, the sound is fine. It still doesn't sound right when I connect to Amazon Prime. What am I missing in my setup? Any advice where to start?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Southcoastie
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have hooked up an HDMI cable from the soundbar (ARC) to the TV (ARC). DVD player is hooked up to TV by HDMI cable.  Sound seems improved on Amazon prime and regular TV shows. Only difference I now I select "HW-K450" for TV picture rather than HDMI3. Anyway.....

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Home Theater

What audio settings are you currently using? 

0 Likes
Southcoastie
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

DVD is connected to the TV via HDMI. Also optical audio cable from DVD to sound bar. Sound settings for DVD player: 

Sound output seet to HDMI audio and that is the only choice. bitstream encoding. TV sound is set to soundbar.

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Home Theater

Can I get the full model number of all 3 units? 

0 Likes
Southcoastie
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

HW-K450 Soundbar w/ Wireless Subwoofer

UBD-M8500 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Player

50" Class KU6300 4K UHD TV

0 Likes
SamsungMichelle
Red Giant
Options
Home Theater

Have you tried connecting the soundbar via HDMI ARC instead of optical audio? 

0 Likes
Southcoastie
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Haven't tried that; will do later today and report back.

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Please keep us posted!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
Solution
Southcoastie
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have hooked up an HDMI cable from the soundbar (ARC) to the TV (ARC). DVD player is hooked up to TV by HDMI cable.  Sound seems improved on Amazon prime and regular TV shows. Only difference I now I select "HW-K450" for TV picture rather than HDMI3. Anyway.....

View solution in context

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

We're glad that you found a resolution!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes