Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
bassinson
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-JM57 started doing the same thing this morning (6-20-2020).  None of the suggested fixes work.  Methinks there's a scandal afoot.

user34BwfLJHck
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5700 is doing the same thing, including the menu flashing and disappearing constantly. Started yesterday 6/21/20. I tried unplugging for several hours; also held the eject button for 8 seconds with power on. Nothing works. There is a disc in the player that I cannot eject. Samsung better get on this one quickly. The top of this thread says they are looking into the problem. Not very reassuring.

useryFbcNVqQGy
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

This is very suspicious that so many people are having this issue all of a sudden. I wonder if Samsung's sales took a dive due to COVID-19 and now they're screwing with the blu-ray players? 🤔

userao7juHQ2ox
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have the exactly same unit and it started to show the same problem when I turned it on over the last weekend. I am in Brazil and have this unit running perfectly for two years. Mostly of the time, only for NETFLIX.

userPkp97OECfn
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

No solution yet.  I keep checking here daily for Samsung's fix but so far they just say they're looking into it.

Freestyle-Delux
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

It must have been a bad update that was sent. My HT- J5500W is doing the exact same thing. I just payed $80.00 to have it repaired. Mine is out of waranty however; we should not have to pay to get them repaired as the fault came from there end. Calling tech support right now.

Leashy
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Turned mine on for the first time today and there's no sound. I try a blu ray and it keeps looping. 

I wouldn't pay one cent to have this fixed. This is obviously an issue with their firmware. I hope the fix comes in quickly. 

I will never buy another Samsung anything. 

userLqpD1QVTIF
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I have two BD-JM57C, that started doing that just yesterday 18 Jun 2020.  I've been using it to watch Netflix and Amazon with no problems.  I wanted to watch a DVD and that's when it started cycling and I could not eject my disc.  Had to manually eject it.  Tried my second player and was able to watch the movie this time but then couldn't eject it and it just started cycling.

useryJgiboNe6L
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

We had two BD-JM57Cs in service and one JM51 as a spare (not plugged in for over two years); the ones that were in service started cycling on and off the afternoon of the 18th and were working perfectly before that.
The spare one works, when it's on it stays on, but I'm not putting it in service until Samsung rectifies the firmware update that wrecked all of these devices. Waiting for developments, and very thankful for this forum (at least to prove that our experience was not an isolated incident).

userPeRM9sAjqE
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I have two players one stopped working on the 18 we replaced it with another that was not plugged in it worked for that night the next day it started doing the same resetting over a over.