Options
Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

2,664 Replies
AdamTF
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

I have the same issue with a BD-JM57C.  None of the posted "fixes" have solved the problem.  Please help!

0 Likes
userF26qTJcnHv
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

SAMSUNG HACKED BY N. KOREA

The Samsung BluRay BD-JM57C player I bought last year at Costco for a cabin home in N.C. keeps making a noise like it wants to open but it will not - just like the hundreds of other cases we've all been reading about.

I have a friend with ties to the intelligence community.  He told me that this is a "known thing" and that North Korea planted a virus in Samsung's firmware that is affecting many of their products.  This is why Samsung is not responding.  

0 Likes
userQP5eISc9Zx
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Ugh this has caused my entire home theater system to go crazy.  My Samsung TV now turns on by itself at random, onkyo receiver switches to bd/DVD input at random.  Have verified HDMI-CEC is off on all devices in the house and tried keeping things unplugged over night.  No issues with the whole setup for6 years and it all starts now.  Dont want to tear things completely apart before Samsung resolves the issue with the bluray player

userh8PWdUB4Vf
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same issue here. It started friday 6/19/20. I ended up borrowing my sons PS3 to watch movies.2020-06-22 08.34.36.jpg

userlMe3Hj0Aes
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Samsung should have prioritized fixing this issue and worked through the weekend to find a solution to this problem.  From browsing this thread, customers are disgusted with Samsung and this will certainly tarnish their brand image.  I personally will no longer make another Samsung purchase after also having issues with my tv requiring replacement of the main circuit board just out of warranty and my refrigerator requiring repair outside of warranty.  Samsung poor quality is unacceptable and this will be reflected as I complete my annual product survey from Consumer Reports!

Options
Home Theater

Are we going to get an official statement from you Samsung today?

userHqWNet9sdV
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Yes! Couldn't agree more. I am a life-long member of Consumers Union and i too will be reporting this poor quality to them. My model is BD J5700/ZA. Problem started 2 weeks ago, none of the suggested fixes work.

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userHqWNet9sdV wrote:

Yes! Couldn't agree more. I am a life-long member of Consumers Union and i too will be reporting this poor quality to them. My model is BD J5700/ZA. Problem started 2 weeks ago, none of the suggested fixes work.

Call 1-800-Samsung, get past the automated attendant, get to a real person, explain your have a Blu Ray player stuck in a boot loop. They will ask you to perform a reset (turn on, press eject for 15 seconds). After that they'll get information from you, email you a UPS lable, you ship it back to them. No charge shipping, no charge repair. 

0 Likes
AverageConsumer
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

My samsung bd-j5700 in a continuous reboot loop, approximately started 3 days ago. My older bd-c6500 can't reach server for upgrade. 

UkuleleHans
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My BD-J5700 is in that reboot loop too. Impatiently waiting for Samsung's response.