Home Theater

...it was working fine last night.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
2,664 Replies
userxFxKqK1PaS
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Out of Miami Fl the same issue. I happen to have 2 blu ray surround systems same model J5500. One works the other one goes on and off in a split second. I contacted samsung support they provided me information for me to send unit to cvg new jersey for repairs. Has anyone else contacted samsung support and was given this same solution ???

@userSlY6jXH8C3 wrote:

@userSlY6jXH8C3 wrote:

0 Likes
Options
Home Theater

@userxFxKqK1PaS wrote:

Out of Miami Fl the same issue. I happen to have 2 blu ray surround systems same model J5500. One works the other one goes on and off in a split second. I contacted samsung support they provided me information for me to send unit to cvg new jersey for repairs. Has anyone else contacted samsung support and was given this same solution ???

Yes.  I am in New York.  Samsung on-line chat rep gave me a repair ticket email for both of my BD-J57C bricks.  Two UPS shipping labels arrived in my email shortly after that.  Shipping address is a Samsung Repair Center in Riverdale NJ.

0 Likes
usert9VDAX4kAv
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Yes, through an online chat I received a repair authorization and was emailed a free shipping label to Riverdale, NJ.

0 Likes
AlexandreGarc
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater
0 Likes
userdeXYv6yELJ
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

My HT-J5550W started doing power cycles after restart. I am surprised to see so many effecties and still no solution from Samsung

useroJP0lFUTvF
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Just as a general data point, my brother has a Samsung Blu-ray player and because he works in IT it's never been connected to the Internet and never updated.  In other words it's running whatever original firmware it shipped from the factory with.  No problems with rebooting or anything similar.  Unfortunately it doesn't resolve the "bad firmware update" vs "expired cert" question because either could have been caused by newer firmware, but it does indicate that there was at one point firmware that didn't cause this problem.

0 Likes
userVRSkVdcEY3
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

@useroJP0lFUTvF wrote:

Just as a general data point, my brother has a Samsung Blu-ray player and because he works in IT it's never been connected to the Internet and never updated.  In other words it's running whatever original firmware it shipped from the factory with.  No problems with rebooting or anything similar.  Unfortunately it doesn't resolve the "bad firmware update" vs "expired cert" question because either could have been caused by newer firmware, but it does indicate that there was at one point firmware that didn't cause this problem.

You'll be interested to learn that my friend has a 5300 that was running B-JM53BSPWWB-1020.1 and was fine. When he learned that I (inexplicably!) have a 5300 running 1021.0, the newest one, and it's both connected to the internet and working fine, he ran the firmware update his asked to do. Now his is stuck in the boot-loop. It seems that this problem is quite a bit more complex than a bug in the firware or an expired cert, like you said...

0 Likes
user2s8hvB6G77
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

As reported by several others, I had success reaching out to Samsung support via the website, and received a prepaid label to return my unit for repair.   The support agent asked a few standard troubleshooting questions like 'What have you tried so far?' and 'Was it plugged into a surge protector?' which of course makes no difference whatsoever here.  But, the end result was I received the prepaid label and was told that the repair would take 5-7 business days once they received my unit.

Also, my unit is out of warranty and that was not an issue -- they didn't even mention it.  

I handed the package over to UPS yesterday afternoon, so my fingers are crossed that I'll have a working unit back in a couple of weeks!

userSWZ0xUw4zw
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I was denied a shipping lable and told a firmware update was soon to be posted. Right, like I have ANY faith in what they say. I'm outraged!

0 Likes
userJqnUUbFWNX
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I called Samsung support and got a free shipping label to send my HT J5500W for repairs.   I asked if they would have a software update to fix this and he aaid they are working on that but had no ETA.

0 Likes