JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Can i turn off the up firing speakers?

(Topic created: 06-23-2020 03:09 PM)
userl9RGl1SXyN
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

i want the q70r to work in 3.1 mode all the time (meaning only the center, left, right channels and base are active even when i play atmos content). Is there a way to do that ? (basically i don’t want it to be surround) thank you!.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

My apologies no there would not be a way to turn off individual speakers on the soundbar itself. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

If you don't have the wireless rear speakers it should be in 3.1 but if you do you would need to disconnect those speakers to stop surround sound. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userl9RGl1SXyN
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

thanks for the reply. but what i meant was the built-in upfiring speakers (in the bar it self).  the q70r is a 3.1.2 soundbar but i only want it to work in 3.1 , i want the upfiring speakers completely shut off. when it recives a 3.1.2 signal i want it to output only 3.1  .

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

My apologies no there would not be a way to turn off individual speakers on the soundbar itself. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
userl9RGl1SXyN
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Much appreciated! . Bear with me here am very new to this. what if 3.1 content is fed to the sound bar ? will the upfiring speakers still produce sound ? can i manul put there volum to zero ? can i down sample 3.1.2 content to 3.1 on the blueray player then feed it to the bar ? thanks again and sorry if am asking too many questions. 

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

It is possible for it to work like that but it is not guaranteed, but I know for sure you cannot turn off the speaker but if you do find audio that is in 3.1 I don't see why it should not work like that. Please keep me updated on how it turns out!