Original topic:

HT-ES4200 Loud crackling sound when switching to AUX

(Topic created: 06-19-2021 11:43 PM)
peter_1988
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hi there,

My HT-ES4200 home theater system (just out of the blue - whilst playing music via AUX), started giving loud crackling sound. 

Symptoms only show via AUX (unfortunately I cannot test it playing a CD/DVD since the player is dead).
I sense that some part of the amplifier has gone.
Please check out the video I made to hear/see the symptoms: https://youtu.be/tn22_0YM2Tc
Any suggestion is welcome.
Thank you,

Peter

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I only have access to information on US products. You will be able to get better information from the Samsung UK Community, or the Samsung UK Support sites.

View solution in context

0 Likes
9 Replies
ABackwardsRT
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
If probably from the age of the system after being used so many times
0 Likes
peter_1988
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thank you for your kind answer. I believe age is irrelevant (I have an amp which is 30+ years old and still working.).
I would like to find the source of the error and the solution.

0 Likes
ABackwardsRT
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
What I'm saying possible wear & tear or there's something interfering with the connectionivity. I would do a customer support troubleshoot. Just going by what your saying cause the video isn't okay or says unavailable.
0 Likes
peter_1988
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thank you ! You are right, somehow YouTube couldnt render my video file, I corrected it now: https://youtu.be/tn22_0YM2Tc
Thanks for checking !

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I am unable to find this model in my system. Was this purchased in the US?

0 Likes
peter_1988
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
0 Likes
Solution
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

I only have access to information on US products. You will be able to get better information from the Samsung UK Community, or the Samsung UK Support sites.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Home Theater

Have you tried using a different Aux cable? If it's not the cable, the port connections may be going out.

0 Likes
peter_1988
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thank you for your answer. Yes I did use different cables however the problem still persists.
Even when there are no cables attached to the home theater system, the loud crackling static sound is still there.

0 Likes