JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Home Theater DVD Player Turns Itself Off

(Topic created: 01-04-2021 11:56 AM)
userxuAlbBrbFo
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I've had a Samsung Home Theater System model HT-BD1250 for a couple of years now. Recently, it has begun turning itself off moments after startup. It will do this three or four times, then stay on. It has never done this before. I am sure overheating is not the issue, as it only occurs when I first turn it on and the unit is cold, and it is in a well-ventilated area.  I did recently get a new cable box from Comcast, but I don't think that is the problem. The cable box is model XG1v4-A. Any help will be appreciated.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

10 Replies
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Home Theater

Does the DVD player happen to power on when you turn on the television? 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userxuAlbBrbFo
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

No, it does not. My Comcast remote is programmed to turn on both with one click of the power button. It is when I use the Comcast remote the problem occurs. Your question prompted me to try NOT using the Comcast remote, but instead us the Samsung remote that came with the home theater system. It is a dual remote that can also be used as a TV remote. When I used that, the problem did not occur.  Interesting! Also interesting is that on my old cable box (also Comcast), the remote was set up to power on both the home theater system and the TV, and I never had this problem. Of note is that although the cable box is a new and different model, the remote is exactly the same. I don't know if this is important, but when setting up the remote, both I and the Comcast tech had difficulty getting the remote to recognize the home theater system. It would find and sync with the TV just fine, but I had to go through the menus a few times before it would ask me if I had an "auxilliary  sound system." It would sync with it, but then the problem of powering down began.  I hope some of this helps!  Thanks for responding.

0 Likes
Sarahstinky
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Something is wrong with it. It is a feature that protects it from overheating.
0 Likes
userxuAlbBrbFo
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

No, sorry, that is not the problem. If that were the case, it would not do it immediately upon startup, and continue to do it after it had been on for awhile. Neither of these is the case. Thank you.

0 Likes
Sarahstinky
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
Could be a sticky button that just needs cleaned on the remote causing issues. If that doesn't help I would just buy a universal for it and your other devices.
0 Likes
userxuAlbBrbFo
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I doubt the sticky button propect. the remote is brand new, as is the cable box.  I saw the tech take them out of the shrink wrap. Good idea, though.

0 Likes
Sarahstinky
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater
I would pull the batteries and check anyway. Factory workers are not always nice to products.
0 Likes
userxuAlbBrbFo
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Did that, but it didn't help. Also, the problem seems to have worsened--now it does it whether I use the Comcast remote, the Samsung remote, or the on/off switch on the unit itself. Strange, though--it will stay on after the third try (sometimes two, sometimes four, but usually the third). I just don't know what to make of it.

0 Likes
Solution
MrLarry
Neutron Star
Options
Home Theater

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message to get started.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.