JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Is it true that samsung technicians will purposely try and void warranty?

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
JoeyBob
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

I see posts on the internet that say samsung technicians will purposely try to void warranties (with video proof). Apparently samsung has also been trying to scrub the internet of these videos as well. When my techilnician comes in should I record him the whole time to make sure I have proof in case he purposely tries to void my warranty? Will he let me record him or do i need a hidden camera? Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Comet
Options
Home Theater

I spoke with a friend of mine that does tech, he said Samsung makes their customer service provide photographs of their televisions if they have any display issues that need service - so looks like they did take steps to prevent this. It wouldn't hurt to take photos of your unit before hand. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
LeoWyatt89
Comet
Options
Home Theater

I think you're referencing that viral video with that tech that cut a dudes panel - that was one bad technician - which I heard was fired, so...don't let that one technician skew your view of all technicians - we're not all bad šŸ˜‰ Majority of us just want to help fix stuff and make your products work again so we get good reviews and get more service from people. 

JoeyBob
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thanks for the reply. I'm just worried about how many times it occurs without there being a hidden camera there to see it (I assume 99% of the time there isn't a hidden camera to record the technician). I'm also worried about it being more common because of how hard samsung seems to try and remove any mention of it from the internet. If it isn't a real issue then why would samsung try and hide any mention of it?

I'm probably just being paranoid and it's unlikely to ever happen as you mentioned. Do you think just taking a photo of my TV before the techinican comes is sufficient proof for samsung in case the warranty does gets voided by the technician? I think this would be a less intrusive option than recording them. Thanks.

Solution
LeoWyatt89
Comet
Options
Home Theater

I spoke with a friend of mine that does tech, he said Samsung makes their customer service provide photographs of their televisions if they have any display issues that need service - so looks like they did take steps to prevent this. It wouldn't hurt to take photos of your unit before hand. 

JoeyBob
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Alright I'll do that then. Thanks for the advice.