cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

Issues with Disney Plus audio

Hey everyone,

I have a Samsung Q60R soundbar (hooked up to a Sony X900E tv) and I am having issues with the DIsney Plus app and random audio drops. Now this only has issues with the Android TV app (I understand most people probably have Samsung tvs here). The PS4 app is perfect and every other streaming app is perfect too.

Has anyone else had an issue like this with Disney Plus

22 REPLIES 22
Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Issues with Disney Plus audio

Hello there, you only have this issue with Disney+, correct?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Yes that's correct. But as soon as I turn off the soundbar and play audio through the tv the issue goes away

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

What type of connections are you using for the soundbar?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Asteroid

I am using an HDMI ARC connection

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Does it happen when it's connected to a different connection? Have you tried to use the digital optical cable?

Highlighted
Asteroid

Have not tried the optical connection as the ARC makes it easier to control volume. Also have not done a software update. Will the firmware update make a difference and is there a difference between using the ROM file or the .ssp?

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

There is no difference between the two they are just different file types. I would try running a firmware update and see if that helps.

Highlighted
Asteroid

Ok I will do that and update. As far as the update goes, I can use either the ROM file or ssp then as they are different file types? In that case which one is considered "recomennded?"

Highlighted
Constellation

Tv - Samsung qa75q75rawxxy

Sound bar - Q70R

I have the exact same issue. Disney+ audio is really quiet coming from the sound bar and is only stereo.

I also have Netflix and Stan apps installed on tv and the audio is perfect with them and I get DoblyDigital through the sound bar.

I normally listen at 16-20 volume but with the Samsung tv installed disney+ app I need to turn it way up to 60+ to hear it correctly and even then the audio is poor and only in stereo.

Sound bar is connected via ARC and I have tried optical and get the same result.

If I bypass the sound bar completely the audio is marginally better but is still only stereo.

If I use the Disney+ app installed on my Xboxone connected by HDMI the audio is perfect, outputs DoblyDigital and the volume levels are normal through the sound bar.

As a result my tests show that this isn't an issue with the hardware but instead the Disney+ app installed via the Samsung tv app store.

I am running the latest firmware ony tv and all apps are updated to latest versions.

Hope this gets resolved soon so I don't have to keep turning on my Xbox to get the best experience.