JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

No audio from HDMI ARC connected receiver (Denon AVR-X4400H) and TV (S90C)

(Topic created: 11-16-2023 05:47 PM)
urudurin
Astronaut
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

I am trying to set up a receiver to send audio through to my TV (65" S90C 4k TV) and my Receiver (a Denon AVR-X4400H) via ARC. I know the S90C uses eARC and the receiver uses ARC, but as far as I am aware, this should be ok?

My setup is I have a PS5 plugged into the receiver, the TV hooked into the ARC output on the receiver, and the receiver is plugged into the eARC HDMI port on the TV. I made sure the ARC option is turned on via receiver options  and I made sure to turn on the eARC option in the TV - the TV recognizes the receiver, but I am just not getting anything to play from there. Thoughts on what I can do to troubleshoot? 

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
Be sure HDMI CEC and input plus is turned on and that the sound output is set to the receiver . once that is complete you have to keep in mind when you connect something directly to your receiver you must switch the receiver to that input for your PS5 go to your receiver press the input button until you see the HDMI port your PS5 is plugged into now turn up the sound and it should work in addition to this you must set your sound out settings on your PlayStation 5. as this is the Sound Source at this point you are bypassing your TV. So just your receiver is processing the sound. Anything that's connected directly to your TV then you would need to switch your receiver back to HDMI arc.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
JBTechfanatic
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
Be sure HDMI CEC and input plus is turned on and that the sound output is set to the receiver . once that is complete you have to keep in mind when you connect something directly to your receiver you must switch the receiver to that input for your PS5 go to your receiver press the input button until you see the HDMI port your PS5 is plugged into now turn up the sound and it should work in addition to this you must set your sound out settings on your PlayStation 5. as this is the Sound Source at this point you are bypassing your TV. So just your receiver is processing the sound. Anything that's connected directly to your TV then you would need to switch your receiver back to HDMI arc.