Original topic:

Q-Symphony not working

(Topic created: 06-02-2020 02:23 PM)
BP2020
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hello,

I can't seem to get the Q-symphony feature to work on my new QN65Q7DTAFXZA tv (2020 model) and new soundbar HW-Q60T/ZA (2020 model).  I've connected the soundbar to the TV via HDMI as the manual instructs, and set the sound bar source to D.IN (TV arc), which is supposed to add a "Sound Output" option under TV settings (TV + Soundbar), but TV + Soundbar does not appear under sound output.  Over the past week I've spent almost 3 hours talking with 3 different Samsung support technicians, and none of them seemed to know what Q-Symphony was or the sound setting referenced in the manual.  Ultimately after about 45 mins of troubleshooting with each of them, they each said it should be working and they don't know why.  The 3rd technician tonight now wants me to mail the sound bar to a repair depot so it can be diagnosed...which is a terribly inconvenient option. 

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue and figured out how to resolve it?  I really don't want to have to mail back a brand new sound bar and wait who knows how long before having it returned/replaced.  If it matters, the sound bar was purchased directly from Samsung.com.

JUMP TO SOLUTION
38 Replies
userDsQ11UbYh9
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I just updated my new q7OT and it's still not working.I have the Q70T sound bar as well. Can you tell me which update you did please?

0 Likes
userXAL3UUUZ8J
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
I'm sorry, I misspoke.. I have a q70 for the soundbar but a q80t for tv
0 Likes
userDsQ11UbYh9
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Ok thank you for your response, I didn't realize Q-symphony is only available for Q80T and up until reading this thread. Thanks everyone!

0 Likes
userLw91o9pRnQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I bought my Q80T 65 inch at Xmas time. The Samsung rep at Best Buy showed me Q Symphony in action, I was sold! I held off on sound bar until Samsung offered me a sweet deal last week and I bought the Q70T sound bar. I could not get Q Harm to work at all. I called Samsung support. The lady told me there was no way to make the soundbar and TV speakers work at the same time!!! She was clueless about Q Symphony and she is doing customer support? Went to BB and talked to the rep. He had me do a factory reset on TV. He said I had everything setup right! HDMI in port 1 from cable box, HDMI 3 Arc out to sound bar. DNI on sound bar and shows eARC. Can set to TV+SOUNDBAR.  Did factory reset on SB and TV and re-setup the sound and BINGO! It worked and sound is amazing!!!! Next day I turn the system on and...gone! Q Symphony not working and won't work no matter what! Why??? 

I am now testing something. The rep made some comment about the soundbar being too close to the TV and can affect sound sensing. Hmmmm.  Today I manually turned off the sound sensor with the switch on the bottom of the TV. Still nothing.  So I just did another factory reset on SB and TV again! Reset the sound settings and BOOM! Q Symphony is working and sounds amazing! Now the test...will it continue to work? If it does not work after TV is off for the night, there is a problem. 

Nice thing is I KNOW it will work as sold to me. But I dont want to factory reset my TV every time I want to watch with Q Symphony ! 

Settings:

HDMI e-arc mode- auto

Dig output audio format- auto

Dolby atmos on

Sound output- TV+Soundbar

Sound mode- adaptive sound (at the store he could select suround, I cant...?)

I will report results in the next day or so. I want Q Symphony to work for the football games!!!

0 Likes
userLw91o9pRnQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Good news! Next day and Q Symphony is still working!!!

If you're still having issues, turn off the sound sensor manually with the switch on the buttom of the TV, factory reset TV and setup with settings I listed above. 

I'm thinking this is gonna be the key since I couldn't get Q Symphony to keep working with the sound sensor on. TV was picking up the sound bar as sound feedback and turning down its own speakers. Won't do that now. 

Crossing my fingers it stays working!!!

0 Likes
userLw91o9pRnQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Days later, still working. I won't post again unless it stops working. 

I think the problem is solved! Turn off sound sensor and Q Harmony will work and stay working. 

Enjoy!

0 Likes
userXR759xkzRW
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

I had the similar problem with QLED TV Q95T and soundbar Q60T.

The issue was that the following was not toggled on:

Settings-General-External Device Manager : Anynet + HDMI-CEC.

Make sure it's ON.

Anyway, once sorted out, another problem appeared: When you manage to apply the Q-Symphony setting (I.e "TV+Soundbar"), the only sound mode options available are "Game" and "Adaptive". Furthermore, even though the Q-Symphony setting is applied, no sound appears from the TV speaker - only from the soundbar. There is absolutely no difference whatsoever between the "soundbar sound" and the "TV+ Soundbar sound" .

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Qled-and-Frame/Dts-x-not-supported-when-Q-Symphony/td-p/1555851

The above problem is ongoing (technical query 1555851)

0 Likes
userySYTYmo9jQ
Constellation
Options
Home Theater

Same troubles here. Brand new 2021 Neo model(not cheap). QN85 & Q800T. After many resets and reconfiguring here is what I found to work. First and seams to be the main problem is DO NOT  plug any device into the HDMI port on the sound bar. Only the eArc port from tv to sound bar. The Pass Through is the problem, I think. Make sure the eArc is enabled in settings, it is off by default. Are you using an eArch compatible cable? 
Settings:

HDMI eArch Mode: Auto

Digital Output for Audio: Auto

Dolby Atmos Compatibility: On

Sound Mode: Adaptive 

Intelligent Mode On

Anynet+(HDMI-CEC):On

Input Signal Plus: Off (not sure what this one is, UHD color I guess)

Hope this helps. 

SamsungAl
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Home Theater

An Accepted Solution has been marked, and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. We understand the solution marked may not be a solution for everyone, If you have a separate concern or question, feel free to Private message a moderator or post a new thread with additional details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed in order to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find needed content. Remember that if you do make a new post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes