Original topic:

Wireless Speaker Kit of the HW-J8500 soundbar

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
userIBKY4cyAjY
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Hello,
I am looking for suggestion on which model of Wireless Speaker Kit to use with my Samsung curved soundbar model HW-J8500. It is an older sound bar but seems to support 5.1 sound using wireless kit. Not sure if current wireless kits will work with this.

Any help appreciated in terms of identifying compatible wireless kit model number. 

Thanks!

4 Replies
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Home Theater

In the User Manuel I don't see a option to add extra wireless speakers and i don't see the HW-J8500 on the list of compatible devices 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00049236/

https://downloadcenter.samsung.com/content/UM/201703/20170327125442303/HW-J8500-J8501_ZA_170104_Book...

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
userIBKY4cyAjY
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater

Thank you Gary for checking on this and the quick response. 

I read this in some reviews but was not sure but could adding speakers like Samsung Shape (M3 or M5) via the Multi-room app enable the rear surround effect? If yes then can any other wireless kit also work with the multi-room app to do the same?

0 Likes
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Home Theater

To be honest I'm not sure since I've never used the Multiroom app my soundbar came with the wireless speakers from everything I can find the multiroom app has been disconnected and I cant find any Multiroom speakers listed anywhere other than ebay 

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like my Comments ✓✓✓.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and ✓✓✓ to Accept as Solution button.

0 Likes
userIBKY4cyAjY
Asteroid
Options
Home Theater
Thank you for the help and responses. Guess if not then will have to live with it till I replace the current soundbar for 5.1 one.
0 Likes