JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

best way to connect soundbar with a TV that has One Connect

(Topic created: 03-23-2024 10:37 AM)
GordonM59
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

I'm going to buy a Samsung S95D TV that comes with a One Connect box.  The One Connect has an eARC HDMI port, however I'm not sure yet if the TV itself has an eARC HDMI port but I'd hope it does.  I currently have a Samsung HW-Q900A soundbar that also has an eARC HDMI port.

Question 1:  With all sources connected to the One Connect, I wonder which is the best way to make an eARC HDMI connection to the soundbar:  (A) from the TV to the soundbar or (B) from the One Connect to the soundbar?

Question 2:  And what if I have some sources connected to the One Connect but another source connected directly to the TV (because the One Connect is full)?  I assume in this situation I'd have to connect from the TV to the soundbar.  But are there any gotchyas with this arrangement?

I'd appreciate any expert advice on this.  Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
You can add an HDMI switch to one of the ports for extra ports. Higher price switches will show up in the menu.

View solution in context

0 Likes
5 Replies
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
One connect box to sound bar. On the One Connect Box it will say which one is eARC.
0 Likes
AdeptMaven
Explorer
Options
Home Theater
There are no ports/connection on the display except for a port to connect to the one connect box. All usb, hdmi, and other connections are on the one connect box.
0 Likes
GordonM59
Cosmic Ray
Options
Home Theater

Hmmm, that sucks.  With only 4 HDMI ports on the Connect, one of which is the eARC for the soundbar, that leaves only 3 for sources.  I have cable TV, blueray, xbox, firetv, and my receiver (5 sources).

0 Likes
Solution
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
You can add an HDMI switch to one of the ports for extra ports. Higher price switches will show up in the menu.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
Home Theater
Make sure you get a switch that supports 2.1, I would put the Fire TV and Blu-ray on the switch
0 Likes