JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Bespoke beverage center water dispenser - too tough to push?

(Topic created: 07-12-2023 10:03 AM)
kahlif
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello!  I just bought the side-by-side and we absolutely love it!  However, my daughter went to get a cup of water from the dispenser in the beverage station and she did not have the dexterity to use it.

In effect, you have to brace the door with one hand and push the cup hard into the backplate with the other.  If you try to use 2 hands or just push the cup in, the door swings all the way open.

Is this an issue with my fridge or is it a design flaw?  I would think you should be able to use very slight force to trigger the water, but it simply does not work without bracing the door.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, Thank you so much for posting about this. The beverage center should be relatively easy to engage, and should not require additional bracing. For this, we would recommend service to have a technician replace the affected parts. If you would like to get that set up, please send a private message to any of the moderators here with the full model and serial numbers for your refrigerator. However, since you just recently purchased the refrigerator, you may also want to check with your retailer about exchange options. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi there, Thank you so much for posting about this. The beverage center should be relatively easy to engage, and should not require additional bracing. For this, we would recommend service to have a technician replace the affected parts. If you would like to get that set up, please send a private message to any of the moderators here with the full model and serial numbers for your refrigerator. However, since you just recently purchased the refrigerator, you may also want to check with your retailer about exchange options.