JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SPONTANEOUS GLASS CRACK ON RANGE

(Topic created: a week ago)
lrodr118
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Last year when we purchased our home we bout a samsung range model no. NE63T8711SS/AA. Fast forward to last week our glass top spontaneously cracked. No one was using, nothing was on it, it just cracked. I call samsung to get the issue resolved because I was so confident samsung would clearly take responsibility for a defective product and now I'm left extremely disappointed in samsung. I was told that they would not cover the cost of the part and repair which seems insane to me given that this is clearly a design defect in the product.

Not only was I told that samsung basically will not do anything, samsung does not even manufacture the glass anymore! So even if I wanted to purchase the part and fix it myself they don't make the part. How is it possible that a range that is less than 2 years old they don't manufacture the glass top anymore. 

This is so frustrating that samsung will not stand behind their product or simply assume the responsibility for making a defective product. I have always been such a loyal samsung customer and this situation has been so disheartening and disappointing. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how this can be frustrating with your cook top cracking like that. So that we may look into what options you may have please send either me or any of the other Samsung moderators the following information.

Model number:

Serial number:

Pictures of the crack:

View solution in context

2 Replies
BlaineBug
Asteroid
Options

Typical for manufacturers these days.  They just expect you to plop down another few thousand bucks on a new appliance.  In my opinion there's no point in buying top-of-the-line anything because when it breaks you're out even more money, unfortunately.  And their overseas customer service couldn't possibly be any more lousy to top it off.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I understand how this can be frustrating with your cook top cracking like that. So that we may look into what options you may have please send either me or any of the other Samsung moderators the following information.

Model number:

Serial number:

Pictures of the crack: