cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userRMEl5iSZYH
Constellation

Freezer not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our rf263aewp bottom freezer stopped cooling. The fridge works fine. I put it into diagnostic mode and it shows 88 88 but none of the error codes are blinking. I shut off the breaker for a few minutes, then turned it on to do a reset, but no difference. I do not hear anything come on when I open the freezer drawer. Of course the warranty just expired! Smiley Sad My husband says to just buy one of every part on the list and we will have everything we need when it goes out. LOL If we can figure out what is wrong he can always fix it himself, so I would rather not call service unless really necessary.  Help please???

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
userRMEl5iSZYH
Constellation

Re: Freezer not cooling

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Update: We cleaned everything in back and then no longer got the 88 88 error code. But the freezer still is not cooling. Then when researching more we learned that new refrigerators do not last more than 6-9 years, so since ours is 6 yrs old now we decided to get a new refrigerator rather than have things go out all the time and pay service to come out. Evidentally it does not matter whether you pay $1000 or $3000 for a new refrigerator of any brand. They are not going to last more than 6-9 years. So we found a cheap whirlpool  french door at Lowes and will count on replacing it in 5 years. What happened to 20 yr old refrigerators in the kitchen?? Smiley Sad

View solution in original post

76 REPLIES 76
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for reaching out to us. Please try the following: http://support-us.samsung.com/cyber/popup/iframe/pop_troubleshooting_fr.jsp?idx=420984&modelname=RF2...
Thank you. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userfhVuqUNy3Z
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Troubleshooting guide does not address the freezer not working.

usergyk8GBpAJI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem, Had a Samsung rep come out, it is the eveperator coil, it has a micro leak, fan and compressor are fine, it will cost around 600.00 to fix, if I don't fix it, in about a month the refrigerator will not cool either...hope this helps...

userNFSJufnwh0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung refrigerator model number rf23m8090sr isn’t freezing. We set the temperature to 0 and it proceeds to go down on the temperature gauge on the inside of the fridge. But I put a thermometer in the freezer and it reads 30 degrees. Luckily we happened to notice the food not frozen and didn’t lose all our food. Our fridge is a 2017 model. We looked in the back it’s super clean behind nothing is dirty. Want to know why after only 2 years old it’s having problems. 

usero7pOpdl5WK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am experiencing the exact same situation on my 2017 model RF28HFEDTSR/AA bottom freezer. My freezer has stopped cooling, but the fridge cools fine.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userywE2WcBrgd

@userNFSJufnwh0

@usero7pOpdl5WK

Please send us a private message with the full model code and serial number so that we can look into this for you: Link

usersUBnrnJopI
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Our bottom freezer just stopped cooling this week as well.  We found a part on the bottom of the freezer.  Had someone I n to check it out and we are told that it is not fixable. The sensor snapped from a sealed panel. He believes that is nearly impossible to fix after leaves factory.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am sorry to hear this. Was it a Samsung authorized service center that looked into your device? If so, can we have the transaction number? Thank you

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userEx2MWNw3QX
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My side by side freezer says 0 degrees but all my food thawed on Christmas night, costing me probably hundreds of dollars. The refrigerator side also says 0 degrees but seems to be in the 30s. I had a tech out a month ago (noisy) who said everything was fine. I can't afford to pay a tech every month. Please advise!