Original topic:

Refrigerator Snap Rings

(Topic created on: 11/7/19 5:51 PM)
userUxOgwCjHxx
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi, I purchased a Samsung 4-Door French Door Refrigerator with Food Showcase (RF28R7351SR/AA) from Best Buy in September 2019. The right door is lower than the left door (see first photo). The manual says that I should be able to adjust the door height "using the provided snap rings" (see second photo). I see how the right door facade can be easily lifted and how a snap ring can be inserted. 

However, my refrigerator never came with any snap rings. I called the delivery company and they said the plastic package that contained the manual was all that was provided. There are no snap rings in that package. Did anyone else's refrigerator come with snap rings?

Thanks,

Eugene

door uneven.jpegmanual.jpeg

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user0IFjlgPrci
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hi Samsung customer service,

I have the same issue. I don't find the snap rings inside the package at all.

Can you also help me to get it shipped?

@samsung978531 

Thank you,

D

0 Likes
SamsungLou
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am sorry to hear about this. Please send the full model and serial numbers to this PM Link.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userBVduUhi6Dr
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I had and am having the same issue.. customer support told me I have to buy these items separately.. however now I'm buying some but am trying to even make sure they're the right kind! Even with the model number, it's really not clear at all... very frustrating to spend as much money on a new fridge as we did and to not have these included. 

0 Likes
userym290TTgLd
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

As shown in the picture from the original poster, the manual clearly says that the snap rings are included. 

"The height of the door can be adjusted using the provided snap rings which come in 4 different sizes...."

0 Likes
userPNPWGoBDZC
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I've installed the snap rings and my left foor is still higher than the right door..  =(

Any tips on how to adjust the left door down? @SamsungLou 

Model #RF28R6301SR

Thank you..

userkNfwnNqgBi
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I don't quite understand this thread in that our new Samsung French Door, Botom Freezer Drawer Fridge has the same problem and also didn't come with the "Included Snap Rings".  I looked up the issue on the internet and a Samsung Video shows up that has a service representative with an allen wrench who simply opens the freezer drawer to access the bottom hinge area of the right side french door, inserts the allen wrench and turns it to raise or lower the door.  The video goes on to say only the Right Door of a Samsung French Door Refridgerator can be adjusted.  I have not tried this approach as yet becansue the fridge is only two days old and the Snap Ring solutions are the only solution showing on this Community Board.   

0 Likes
userkNfwnNqgBi
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I'm curious in that our new Samsung French Door (with Bottom Freezer) has the same left door high problem that many others have.  I have the Snap Rings on order but for the life of me can't figure how you lift the right hand door.  Even though I don'[t currently have the Snap Rings I have briefly tried raising the door and it doesn't appear to budge.  Maybe I have to loosen something or take stuff out of the door shelves.  

0 Likes
userAYgmLiBbJs
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You can lift the door by opening it and then putting your palm on the bottom of the door and lifting straight up. It will lift about a 1/2 inch. It takes some strength especially if you have food in the door

0 Likes
userHD9tQIDbfe
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I purchased a Samsung refrigerator a week ago and same story.  No snap rings included with the delivery.  Doors uneven and the cam operated flapper does not work.  Have been on the phone with Samsung 3 times and still no parts coming.  First the wanted my info and the serial number, next they wanted a copy of the sore reciept.  Now they want the invoice whater that is.  All of this BS for a part that costs them less that $5 including shipping.  Will find the parts myself or fabruicate something to fix it.  Never buy Samsung again....... non existant customer service Smiley Sad

0 Likes
userAYgmLiBbJs
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue here...and I tried the Allen wrench fix but that didn't work. There is no Allen wrench hole there to put any size Allen wrench into. The snap rings appear to be the only solution.

@SamsungLou - what can we do to get this resolved? Seems like it may be a manufacturing defect 

0 Likes