Original topic:

Refrigerator family hub touchscreen unresponsive/display doesn't work

(Topic created: 09-15-2024 01:43 PM)
Jersybehr
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

My display became unresponsive when it was just over 2 years old. As Samsung support instructed I did the power switch toggle and unplugged the power with no results. They told me it might be a software issue since it was updated a few days prior. After 3 hours on the phone, the SmartThings Applications Department told me it was a hardware issue. Seriously?

I had a Samsung authorized technician come out and based ONLY on our conversation he told me the display needed to be replaced. He did not even remove the display panel to check the wiring harness connections. So after being charged $128.40 for just the estimate and future charges for $128.40 labor and $679.95 for the part he left.

I remembered a post from user ECEp5wwZpA on 03-20-2021 01:38 PM (Last edited 03-22-2021 08:06 AM) in the Kitchen and Family Hub section. About his technicians finding a loose connection that resolved the issue. So I opened the panel (lookup procedure on YouTube) and reseated the 3 wiring harness connections surprise, my display is functioning again.

0 Likes
0 Replies