Original topic:

Samsung Fridge Automatically Answers Ring Doorbell

(Topic created: 01-25-2024 05:21 AM)
Remy1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have a Samsung Family Hub fridge with the Ring app installed so I can see who's at the door when my hard wired doorbell is pressed. Lately I've been having an issue where when the doorbell is pressed, the fridge automatically answers it and the people at the for can hear inside the house. Then the app stays open and I have to manually close the app at the refrigerator. How do I stop this? 

5 Replies
userHnXHmKetJf
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Same. Did you ever get it resolved?
uservXzRLFI4mI
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Even worse:

The Ring image will stay open if you do not make any action on family hub display.

My solution: installed another smart home display nearby and set the family hub display to deactivate after 15 seconds ( I wish there would be the option to deactivate it permanently). There will be no more updates from Samsung to make this family hub work as you would like..

0 Likes
Nik22
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Same issue 

Any resolution yet ?

Remy1
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Not for me. I just logged out of the Ring app on the fridge. It sucks that I can't use it anymore because this was a major selling point for me buying this model. 

0 Likes
userHnXHmKetJf
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
My fridge would do the same thing. Did you check if there is any new updates or restart the fridge (tablet) it's in the settings.
0 Likes