Original topic:

Water filter won't install

(Topic created on: 6/19/17 2:48 PM)
userB8cG2hrdak
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I bought the Aqua Pure Plus filter at Lowe's last week.  Went to install last night and it won't insert to be able to twist.  The "ridges" look different from the previous filter, and from the picture on the box, as shown in my picture (left is replacement, right is the filter we removed from the fridge).  I did Samsung online help and they confirmed that I bought the right model number, and encouraged me to replace at the store. I exchanged today, but the new one looks the same and again doesn't install.  I'm at a loss for what to do, it seems silly to keep exchanging if they're all manufactured like this. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Pepfam
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Have you checked to see if the cap for the old filter is stuck in the insertion site.  That was my problem and the problem of quite a few others. Just look back where the filter engages.  If that cap is there, grab yourself a pair of needle nose pliers and carefully yank it out.

View solution in context

115 Replies
SamsungNik
Honored Contributor
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello userB8cG2hrdak, the water filters have been updated and do require some force to install. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.
Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
userz4XOiISDwA
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I have the same issue. Samsung filter purchased thru Amazon. It would not lock into place. I am too old to wait on your "Customer" service line. There has to be a better explanation then use a little more force from Samsung?

I read about the same problem on google and Amazon about these filters. I have arf267 AERS model from 2010

My knock filter from Costco worked should I go to them for filters?

SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Were they actual Samsung branded filters?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

0 Likes
userz4XOiISDwA
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

They were Samsung filters I bought from Amazon. I tried to re order knock off from costco and they have stopped selling them.

This seems to be a problem with everyone. does Samsung have a solution?

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

You would need to purchase them from Samsungparts.com

0 Likes
userGRC1QzZiK8
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I bought mine from Samsung.  They don't fit.  They said that I could find a fix at the Samsung home page. There is nothing.  The ones that we bought last were made in the US.   The new ones are made in a different factory (same manufacturer) in Mexico.   They look similar and have the same part number but they will not lock into place. 

PGP

0 Likes
SamsungJam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

@userGRC1QzZiK8: What's the model of your fridge?

0 Likes
userGRC1QzZiK8
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

RFG297AARS/XAA.  After looking at a site with 110 posts with the same complaint, and spending > 2 hours on the phone with the Samsung supplier (who insisted that since the part # was the same that it MUST fit)., I shaved a couple of mm of plastic off of the leading edge of the phlange on both sides (as suggested by ne of the posts) and it will now seat. I am uncertain that there is really flow through the filter. Sloppy quality control it seems to me.

PGP

user65KWnXQ8IW
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

It is ridiculous!!! My refridgerator is 2 1/2 years old and the new designed filters do not fit! Even with more force it will not fit.  I don't know how Samsung gets a way with it.  Faulty Ice Maker that doesn't work, it took six months to get them to come out and look at it to then turn around and tell me it is perfectly fine.  To which it is not.  It doesn't make ice so I have to buy bags of it and now I can't even filter my water.  DO NOT BUY SAMSUNG!