JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

care of griddle on gas range NX58H9950WS

(Topic created: 05-03-2016 01:10 PM)
c_b
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

I am looking for details about how to take care of the griddle that comes with the gas range NX58H9950WS.  The user manual states that the griddle is 'coated'.  It also says to "not use metal utensils that can damage the griddle surface".  Does that mean that the griddle is nonstick coated?   At first glance it does not appear to be...  

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello there! The griddle is nonstick coated. So, please, please please avoid metal utensils.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in context

23 Replies
Solution
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Hello there! The griddle is nonstick coated. So, please, please please avoid metal utensils.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

c_b
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub
Thank you!
0 Likes
SamsungJam
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

We're glad that we could be of assistance 🙂 

0 Likes
MikeR
Astronaut
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

to tag along  Is it dishwasher safe? Does it need to be seasoned? Any special cleansing agents?

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

Thank you for reaching out to us MikeR. You probably should hand wash the griddle. Yes you will need to season it, and there is not any "special cleansing agents" for it. Thank you. 

0 Likes
c_b
Asteroid
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

How does one season a non-stick griddle?   

0 Likes
SamsungTam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

The process would be the same for a non-stick as a "normal" griddle. Thank you. 

0 Likes
usernckR8Fgpz4
Constellation
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub

There is very little information regarding this griddle in the user manual as well as the web site regarding use, care and cleaning.  I used the griddle the first time according to the directions that I had and my food did stick.  I had used oil on the pan as well as the food to avoid this but the food still stuck.  I cleaned the pan with warm water and dish soap and checked the samsung website for further information.  Upon reading the FAQ about the griddle care, it stated that the griddle was non stick and that it should be seasoned. I attempted to season the pan as I had my other cast iron pans but upon doing so the 'coating' that is on the pan began to come off.  So, ultimately, I did'nt know what to do with this pan, I am hestant to use it because of the peeling of the coating.

I called customer service at samsung and spoke to Eugene who told me that the pan was NOT non stick and they have no control over what is posted on this forum and the information about it being non stick and needing seasoned is not correct.  I was pretty disappointed because I was linked to the forum from their web site so I assumed the information was samsung approved.

I was told that despite there being miniscule information in the user manual as well as the web site regarding the use and care of this griddle, I am basically out of luck.  Samsung is not helping me resolve the issue.  If I want a replacement for the griddle, I must purchase one at a cost of $166. 

So, if you are reading this and need information on the griddle my advice is:

1.  The griddle is not non stick

2.  Food does stick, even when you oil the pan and the food

3.  Do not attempt to season the pan as you would other cast iron pans, coating will peel off

4.  Samsung is of no help in resolving any other issues you may have with this accessory (they are "very sorry" though)

Thortok
Galaxy
Options
Kitchen and Family Hub