Original topic:

Audio drop outs every 20 mins or so for 1-2 seconds from S95D 55 inch

(Topic created: 06-03-2024 08:37 AM)
mindeater
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hey, I recently purchased an S95D 55" TV with a Q990C soundbar. I've been experiencing audio drop outs of between 1 and 2 seconds every 20 mins (average as the period seems random).

This appears consistent when connecting via HDMI or optical audio to the soundbar.

My brother who purchased an S95C in December and has the same soundbar informed me that he also experiences the same issue (after I'd made the purchase).

On looking around the internet for similar cases, I've read that there was a firmware update to the TVs which introduced this issue.

Is there any information on a timeline for a potential fix for this?

Thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I believe the firmware update was only for the affected '23 year models, as far as I know.

Your TV is '24 year right? What version are you on? What contents/apps are you seeing it on? I have a similar setup but don't have dropouts.

0 Likes
mindeater
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hey,

I am experiencing the issue on all content including, Sky TV content, Netflix and Blu-ray discs.

The TV Firmware is on 1066.4, soundbar is on 1004, these are latest versions according to update mechanisms.

My brother experiences the same issue on all content.

Cheers.

0 Likes
mindeater
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Minor Update: As I'd moved to a HDMI connection between the OneConnect and Soundbar, this was a 2m HDMI cable, as a cable tidying exercise I purchased some shorter 0.9m HDMI cables which I've used for connecting the other devices as they're all in quite close proximity.

After installing the 0.9m cable, I experienced 3+ hours of content without audio drop outs.

There are a number of possibilities, my favourite is that the audio signal strength is perhaps too weak for HDMI cables of 2m in length (bearing in mind the issue also occurs over optical).

I'm going to continue cycling cables of differing lengths in an attempt to pin down the issue more clearly.

If this is the fix then I'm more than pleased.

mindeater
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Further update: having spent more time reverting back to the original failure case using the optical connection, I've been unable to reproduce the audio drop outs.

Best idea is that as part of the configuration testing, some element within the software has changed state so that whatever was causing this is no longer present.

The only remaining option to repro might be to factory reset all devices, I'm not sure if I'm sufficiently commited to a diagnosis, as much as this is quite annoying, as in the current situation, I have no guarantee that it will not start to fail next week/month.

I don't have information from my brother whether he's been able to 'fix' his issue, it may be that I can use his setup as a further test scenario but not holding my breath.

0 Likes