Original topic:

BN59-01385B remote connection issues

(Topic created: 05-13-2024 08:22 AM)
mrtek
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi

I have a Samsung 65 Inch Qled tv that comes with a BN59-01385B remote. Attached to the TV is a Yamaha amplifier that is connected thru optical link connection to the TV. I followed the instructions how to setup and control/power on and off the amplifier with the remote that came to the TV. During test, I was able to shut off and turn on the amplifier but after that I can't shut it off anymore. I have repeated the setup a second time with the same results. Can't figure out what the issue is. I have to shut off the amplifier manually.

Any help in the matter is appreciated.

Thank you

11 Replies
userra
Comet
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Have you reset your remote? Maybe that will work.
0 Likes
mrtek
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi Userra

how do you do that? The remote has no batteries.

0 Likes
userra
Comet
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Really, wow seems like a cool remote however. I'm not sure, sorry.
0 Likes
bill-e
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I realize that you want the remote to work but does the amp support HDMI and CEC?  Amp model number? 

When it's not working can you check Settings->Sound Output and see if it's still has the receiver selected or if it went back to TV Output? 

I use HDMI CEC  (Anynet+) to turn on/off the amp when I turn on/off the TV. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
mrtek
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi Bill

thank you for your response. I do not have an HDMI port available on my receiver, it is an older receiver. I have sound optical out to my TV. As I said before I can control power to my receiver using the TV remote during the setup but once the setup is completed, I can't no longer control the receiver power.

MR

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
LED and OLED TVs

When it's not working can you check Settings->Sound Output on the TV and and see if it's still has the receiver selected or if it went back to TV Output? 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 5 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), Galaxy Watch5Pro(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV
0 Likes
mrtek
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Bill

everything is working...I just can't shut off the receiver with the supplied Samsung TV remote.

MR

0 Likes
bill-e
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Yea, I understood that from the beginning but I'm trying to think of things which may cause this and all I an think of is that the Sound Output was switching back to TV. 

To Reset the remote, if you have a 2021 or newer TV model (with a solar remote): To reset the solar remote, press and hold Return and Enter (the center of the navigation pad) for 10 seconds.

Bill
---
0 Likes
mrtek
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Hi Bill

sorry I missed this reply. Unfortunately I am unable to check the status of the Sound Output  on the TV because when I press the power button on the remote, the TV shuts off and the amplifier stays on.

0 Likes