Original topic:

Dolby Vision :(

(Topic created: Thursday)
Migstrom11
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Is there any update on whether Samsung will add Dolby Vision support?  I bought an S90c and unfortunately did not do my research.  HDR10+ is decent but it not supported by Netflix, Disney, HBO and Apple TV all still don’t support it with no sign of adding. 

Honestly I would buy a Sony or LG if I could redo. Personally I would never buy a Samsung again because of this. Lack of Dolby Vision support that could be achieved with a simple software update is a bit absurd. 

3 Replies
Mathew
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Samsung will never support dolby vision, as they state 'its too expensive' thats why they developed HDR+10
0 Likes
Migstrom11
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs

Honestly if the issue for Samsung is cost, that is absurd. I’m fairly certain its something like $2-$3 per unit for the licensing fee. As far as I can tell Samsung is the only major tv maker that refuses to support it on any of their models. 

If HDR10+ is their big play, they need to get all the major streaming services on board with supporting that content.  

0 Likes
Mathew
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Yeah, thats why I refuse to get a samsung tv, I love my lg oled never had a single issue
0 Likes