JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

How can i locate a device using model & serial numbers?

(Topic created: 12-02-2023 05:48 PM)
ImJustEli
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I have/had a 75" UHD smart tv and i recently moved. During the whole process i left my TV for last thinking, move it by itself prevents possible damage. Well someone fkn stole it. I have the tv on my list of devices and my mom does also. Its registered to her then to me but it does not give either of us the option to locate it. So I'm just curious, can other than mobile devices be located? If so how? If not then someone should integrate that into the software... just because it is a home appliance and home appliances don't normally become missing doesn't mean that it don't happen. If i register my product that is capable of connecting to the internet and my cell phone so i can control it while im not home. How is it not possible for me to locate? I know its possible to control a device from miles away, freaked my parents out when i did it to their tv. So it doesn't make sense that its impossible to locate... Any help with this is greatly appreciated and hopefully will help someone else if the experience something similar 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userPsBzGzoymP
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I would believe that this can't be done, or at least not now that the TV is already gone. The reason mobile devices are traceable is because of GPS of course and I don't know of any TV with this type of functionality. What you could have done though is found somewhere to hide a smart tag on your TV and that way, you could have tracked the smart tag which of course would have led you to your TV very easily. Good luck with this though.

View solution in context

2 Replies
Solution
userPsBzGzoymP
Cosmic Ray
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I would believe that this can't be done, or at least not now that the TV is already gone. The reason mobile devices are traceable is because of GPS of course and I don't know of any TV with this type of functionality. What you could have done though is found somewhere to hide a smart tag on your TV and that way, you could have tracked the smart tag which of course would have led you to your TV very easily. Good luck with this though.
ImJustEli
Constellation
Options
LED and OLED TVs
Thanks and i agree that i could of done something before but a smart tag could of easily been removed defeating its purpose. I would of just found the smart tag on my floor...
0 Likes