Original topic:

TV no longer switches input when using DirecTV remote

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
soundsg00d
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

I've been pulling my hair out for weeks. I have a Samsung 7-series TV with two HDMI devices connected: DirecTV and an Apple TV.

For years, when I pressed a button on the Apple TV remote, the input would switch to view the Apple TV. And when I pressed a button on the DirecTV remote, the input would switch back to view DirecTV. But something has changed, and for the life of me, I cannot figure it out what happened.

Pressing a button on the Apple TV remote still switches to the Apple TV. But now, when I press buttons on the DirecTV remote, the input does NOT switch. Sometimes the Apple TV even responds to buttons on the DirecTV remote (which is odd, as that's something I've never configured). Anyway, now I'm having to manually dig into the TV's settings to switch to HDMI 1 (DirecTV).

In the past, I thought the TV automatically detected the devices that were connected, but somehow it no longer detects the DirecTV. The input was labeled "Unknown," while the Apple TV input correctly says "Apple TV."

The only thing I've changed in recent months was to enable HDMI-eARC Mode, so the DirecTV would play through my Apple Home Pods. After doing so, the HDMI inputs continued to switch properly for a whileā€”until they didn't. Suddenly, the TV stopped "recognizing" DirecTV.

This is driving me bonkers. How the heck do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies
soundsg00d
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs

@angelchained Thank you. I'm pretty sure I've done just about everything on this list. However, you wrote:

"Make sure "Auto change input" or a similar setting is also enabled."

Can you please clarify this? I know where Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC) is located, but I cannot find a separate setting to "Auto change input," nor did a google search find it. Any clarification you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, I know where the settings for Anynet+ are, but I don't see "Reset Anynet+." Where is that located? (Perhaps it's not available on my TV (UN43TU7000FXZA).

Options
LED and OLED TVs
The "Reset Anynet+" option might be hidden within a deeper level of settings or have a slightly different name on your specific TV model (UN43TU7000FXZA).
Here's where to look:
Within Anynet+ Settings:
Navigate to Settings > General > External Device Manager > Anynet+ (HDMI-CEC).
Look for options like "Reset, "Initialize"," or "Refresh" within the Anynet+ settings menu.
General Device Manager or System Settings:
If you can't find it within Anynet+, explore Settings > General > Device Manager or Settings > Support > Self Diagnosis.
Look for options related to resetting external device connections or HDMI-CEC.
Hidden Service Menu (Use with caution):
Some Samsung TVs have a hidden service menu that may contain advanced options, including Anynet+ reset.
If you still can't locate the reset option, it's possible it's not available on your specific TV model. In that case, you can try:
Power cycling your TV and connected devices: Unplug them from the power outlet for a few minutes, then plug them back in.
Updating your TV's firmware: Check for any available updates in Settings > Support > Software Update.
If none of these solutions work, you might need to contact Samsung Support.
CAUTION: Some settings are for technicians only. Contact Samsung Support before you proceed.
You're welcome!!!
0 Likes
Options
LED and OLED TVs
It seems you have exhausted all remedies, but you're correct it may not be available on your specific model.
It's possible that your model doesn't have the "Reset Anynet +," or it may be hidden within your particular TV model settings, which should be reset by a technician. Trust me, "Tenacity" is a sword that cuts both ways. Being tenacious is my strength, but it's also my kryptonite. It seems you have tried everything possible to reconcile the problem, so put down your sword and take a much needed break...
0 Likes
soundsg00d
Asteroid
Options
LED and OLED TVs
I've been through every menu on this TVā€”including the hidden service menuā€”and I don't see anything that appears to be even remotely related to resetting Anynet+.

I don't think it's available on my TV.

Thanks.
Options
LED and OLED TVs
You're welcome!!!
0 Likes