JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

990 Pro firmware will not update

(Topic created: 02-06-2024 02:39 PM)
tgeery
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have a 990 Pro and a 980 Pro installed.  The OS (Win 11) is running on the 990 Pro.  Both drives perform very well.  That said, Samsung Magician had no problem updating the 980 Pro but will not update the 990 Pro.  I have tried everything I can think of including booting into the Linux (ISO on USB drive) environment - that approach says no valid drives found for updating.

I have moved the 990 to a different slot - that is, I swapped the 980 and 990 locations with each other, I have disabled TPM and set the boot to Other OS and disabled Secure Boot.  I cannot think of anything else to try.  Looking for ideas please!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
tgeery
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Surprised at the fact that I got no responses to this, especially not even from Samsung.  That said, today I ran Magician again, like I had dozens of times in the past, and magically this time the firmware updated.  I don't understand what was different but at least I am now current.

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Solution
tgeery
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Surprised at the fact that I got no responses to this, especially not even from Samsung.  That said, today I ran Magician again, like I had dozens of times in the past, and magically this time the firmware updated.  I don't understand what was different but at least I am now current.

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Latest Version 8.01 of Magician?

0 Likes
tgeery
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

It has been the latest version since it was released a while back.  As soon as I loaded that version, 8.0.1, it notified me of firmware updates for both my 980 Pro and my 990 Pro 2 Tb drives.  The 980 Pro updated fine, right away on the first attempt.  I've been trying to update the 990 Pro ever since and finally it updated today out of the blue.

0 Likes