Original topic:

990 pro intermittently dissappearing from BIOS.

(Topic created: 2 weeks ago)
StephenTFerrari
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
Occasionally after prolonged times in sleep or idling in Wi dows 11 my 990 Pro (windows/main drive) stops showing up and it won't boot into windows. I will find the PC at the main BIOS screen with other Samsung 970 showing but thr 990 pro not listed. I can get it to work typically by power cycling the PC and then it will typically pop up.. I have had this problem on both a n MSI and ASROCK motherboard (as I originally thought it was a motherboard issue and replaced the MSI with an ASROCK). On thr Reddit forum I see a lot of people reporting this issue. Everything in the system (hardware and software are at latest revisions). Any ideas?
2 Replies
3Fees
Nebula
Options
Monitors and Memory
What partition style is this GPT ? In device manager is enable write caching check marked ? Are their any events in the properties ? Is this pcie 3 or 4 or 5 ? Is this an ssd ? Have you tried running check disk ? Have you used windows power shell to check health , etc. ? Have you reseated the drive ? Are there any options in the bios for this drive ? Are you using this drive for main or backup purposes ? Is this drive aligned properly before formatting ? Do you have samsung wizard installed ? Are you running the latest firmware from Samsung on this drive ? Is this drive registered in your Samsung account ? Is this drive under warranty ? Does your mobo have the latest bios installed ? What utility initialized and formatted this drive windoze 11 by M$ ? Did you select NTFS for file system ? Have run this drive on any version of live linux ? If so did it get recognized ? What drive diagnostic utilites have you used to check the drive and from whom Samsung, someone else ? Glad I could be of help.

Cheers
3Fees
0 Likes
StephenTFerrari
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory
Upon the recommendation of multiple posts on other forums, I have placed the 990 Pro in full performance mode via Samsung Magician. For most this resolved this issue. If it fails again I will replace with WD 850x. Thanks for the reply.
0 Likes