Original topic:

Core Sync Lighting not working with HDR [Odyssey OLED G8]

(Topic created: 03-12-2024 02:40 PM)
LBrescianini
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Samsung Monitor Odyssey OLED G8 and encountered an issue with the core sync feature. When attempting to use this feature, the monitor only displays a white circle, dimming according to the display, without any change in color.

I've noticed that disabling Windows HDR partially corrects the problem, but it significantly impacts the image quality.

Is there a solution to this issue? Alternatively, could someone please direct me to where I can report this bug?

Thank you for your attention and assistance!

Best regards.

2 Replies
Pretorian91
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, same problem here with G8.

Here same problem for dozens of people with oled G series in general:

https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/qijtk0/odyssey_g7_core_lighting_issues_using_coresync/

Samsung know that they implemented a broken feature and simply doesn't care, coresync was a good plus but disable HDR is pointless with this monitor. 

LBrescianini
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

That's unfortunate to hear. Thanks for sharing the link and shedding light on this widespread issue with the G series OLED monitors.

It's disappointing that Samsung hasn't addressed this problem, especially considering how it affects numerous users. It's a shame that a promising feature like coresync is rendered ineffective due to HDR disabling.

I hope that Samsung will release a firmware or software update to rectify this issue. Do you know if there is anyway to report this as a bug directly to Samsung? It might help raise awareness and prompt them to take action.

Thanks again for replying and bringing this to attention!

0 Likes