Original topic:

HDMI Switcher Issues when Using Samsung Odyssey G6

(Topic created: 06-05-2024 08:58 AM)
Grunt09
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello, need help here...

I just bought HDMI Switcher but it can't work properly on the monitor Odyssey G6 27".

The signal detected is DVI instead of HDMI, so there is no sound every time I'm using my game console connected to the Switcher. It works well when the console is connected directly to monitor.

I thought this is mainly the monitor problem, because I'm already using the HDMI Switcher to another display and it works fine. 

I already tried changing the cable (2.0 and 2.1), but still my monitor sense it as DVI. 

Please, give me solution about my problem.

Thanks!

2 Replies
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! That's strange that its detecting DVI instead of HDMI. I would recommend trying a different switch as there may be some compatibility issues while using them. As the monitor is working without the switch that would be the assumption. You will also need to make sure that the switch is able to support the resolution and refresh rate that your monitor does. As that can be another cause that will make this occur. Please let me know if this helped!

0 Likes
Grunt09
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Nope, my other display (different brand of course) detect my console normally that connected via switcher.

My HDMI switcher also capable to support the resolution.

0 Likes