JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

M50C networking for Cable

(Topic created: 08-15-2023 09:40 AM)
userD3ySmb7Ykh
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

How can I interface a coax cable for cable service to my Samsung Smart Monitor?  Do I need a TV tuner?  How do I adapt the HDMI Arc input to the coax output from the cable company?  

Thanks!

Thomas

0 Likes
4 Replies
LeoWyatt89
Nebula
Options
Monitors and Memory

Are you asking how to connect your home theater to a cable box? 

If so you would connect the Soundbar/Home theater to your television via ARC-HDMI (If you're television has this) or Optical cable. Then you just connect everything else to your television. You may have to change the sound output but everything should go through to it. 

0 Likes
userD3ySmb7Ykh
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

My cable has a coax and my home theater only has an HDMI Arc.  The tv also is just a smart monitor so it does not have a TV tuner to scan for channels.

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be concerning with not being able to hook up your devices. If your cable box only has a coax then you will have to buy an coax to HDMI converter box. Once that is done if your soundbar has an optical you can hook the monitor and the soundbar through optical and hook the cable box and the monitor up with the coax HDMI converter. 

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Red Giant
Options
Monitors and Memory

As an example my cable company/isp provides a cable tuner which has an HDMI port for connection to my media setup.

The tuner also provides authorization and decryption of the channels I pay to watch.

No properly authorized/programmed tuner equals no  channels to watch.

Contact the cable company.

0 Likes