JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Multiple Samsung M7 32' Remotes Work on both Displays? Help.

(Topic created: 08-10-2022 02:30 PM)
usero0sVUFn60d
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I purchased  2x  32" M7 - 4k Monitors for a Side by Side setup.

Both remotes turn each other Off/On, and every button works for both at the same time. Its quite annoying, looking for fix's in the meantime but the one and only post I found so far suggests to get an off-brand cheap remote that may or may not fix it. Which I would rather avoid.

Any other fixes would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

4 Replies
Calle
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I too have two Samsung M7 monitors on my desk, and have paired each monitor with their remote control.  But ON/OFF button works on them both, starting a huge switcharoo-contest each time one of them turns off.  Samsung needs to update this, but I reckon that any firmwareupdate to the monitor does not affect what signal the remote control sends. 

0 Likes
Solution
asianroses
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes. It is a headache. But there is a fix finding the soution myself. I am using Samsung M7 32" side by side.

The fix is to give each monitor a name. By default, each monitor has the same name as Samsung M7 (32). The remote control does not know which it belongs to. You can do this via Settings > General.

When you start setting up the first monitor, make sure the other monitor/s is/are turned off (for obvious reasons)
Step 1: Rename your Monitor1 using your Remote1 eg. SamsungM732-1. This then will automatically pair each other.
Step 2: If you only have one other monitor to setup with, it will only mean this monitor is already unique after step 1, so this step is optional. But for the sake of properly identifying your device, you can name your Monitor2 as SamsungM732-2 using your Remote2. This will then pair each other.

Give this a go as it works for me. Each remote control is now dedicated to its paired monitor.

If you happen to love this monitor and decided to get another one, you're all trained up! Just repeat step 1.

Happy to help!

hitman122015
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have tried this and it still controls both monitors.  I have the 43" monitors so not sure if it should work the same way.  

userrjh8I8Dl9t
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have the same problem with two Samsung M7 32". Thanks for the suggestion, however, it did not work. I also tried the remote controller battery removal suggestion and it did not work either. 

Finally, I called Samsung Support. The tech told me to put a piece of tape, with a small hole, over the ends of each remote and over the sensor of each monitor. The idea was to limit the range of each monitor and remote. That did not work. You would think a company like Samsung would have a better fix than electrical tape. After a while the tech said that there was not a fix but the monitors were indeed working correctly. He suggested moving one monitor to a different room. What?

I asked to speak with his supervisor. His supervisor told me that the Samsung M7 32 Smart Monitor was intended to be used as a single monitor only. What? He suggested that I unplug one monitor and use only the other monitor.

Are you kidding me? They should have printed that on the box!

I asked about a refund. He informed that my purchase had been made over 30 days ago. I don't want my money back. These monitors are very nice. I would like a real solution. Maybe a firmware update or something. 

It's like they don't care at all...very indifferent. They made me feel like an  for buying two $400 Samsung monitors.

I did have another unrelated issue. The Type C port did not work on one of the monitors fresh out of the box. I sent it back to Samsung and they did fixed it. It took several weeks.

I'm ready to upgrade the TV. It will not be a Samsung. Come to think of it, my phone is ready as well.