JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey 49" G9 Resolution

(Topic created: 02-16-2024 02:59 PM)
RealPaulieG
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I recently upgraded to the subject monitor.  I work with a lot of spreadsheets for work and wanted the single ultra wide screen, rather than a 2 monitor setup.  The most resolution I can set the monitor to is 1920x1080 - which has the screen looking rather stretched and distorted (still useable but very noticeable).  Note: I do no gaming, so only using for work or other personal use.

Not going to pretend that I know a lot about upgrading Graphics cards / GPU etc. 

My question is, what are the minimum requirements from a GPU and/or Motherboard in order to get the 5120x1440 resolution (or close) that this monitor should get?

And secondly, Would it just be a cheaper option to upgrade to a new PC, rather than buying a new GPU and possibly Motherboard?

I have a Lenovo desktop (probably 5 years old) with the AMD A10-7800 and Radeon R7 Graphics

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend what @ddaniel51 said. As the community is for help with Samsung products. But I would recommend upgrading to a dedicated GPU instead of using the integrated one that you are using now.  You can use pcpartpicker.com to help build a computer if you wish to make sure everything is compatible but using Google and YouTube as resources will be beneficial. 

View solution in context

2 Replies
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Do a Google search for "gpu for 5120x1440".  This will give you plenty of info links to help with your decision.

Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend what @ddaniel51 said. As the community is for help with Samsung products. But I would recommend upgrading to a dedicated GPU instead of using the integrated one that you are using now.  You can use pcpartpicker.com to help build a computer if you wish to make sure everything is compatible but using Google and YouTube as resources will be beneficial.