JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey Ark 165Hz + HDR (Black Screen/Spinning Wheel)

(Topic created: 02-17-2024 09:59 AM)
xxNiradxx
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
Samsung seriously needs to address this 165Hz + HDR Black Screen/Spinning Wheel issue during games.

I don't want to hear turn down to 120hz as mentioned in my previous posts, which by the way works perfect.

The monitor is advertised at 165hz and it should just plain work with HDR.

Both my brother and I have the Gen2 Ark and both experience the same issue so they are not faulty. This is a Samsung issue.

Please address this as it seems this has dated back to Gen1 Ark and still no solution. 
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
xxNiradxx
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
After further testing, I removed overclock from CPU and GPU and I no longer had the black screen issue with 165hz and HDR. Not sure why as my computer was completely stable before I installed the new monitor. Maybe going from 144hz to 165hz was higher stress and the GPU and CPU resulting in instability.

View solution in context

6 Replies
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

The spinner is the Windows computer way of telling you it doesn't have enough horsepower to reliably provide 165hz signaling to run the monitor at that rate.  Like you said, it can handle 120 hz but falls on it's face trying to do 165.

Do a little Google searching for info on what it takes to run 165hz on the Ark.

0 Likes
xxNiradxx
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
I'm running a RTX 4090 and a UGreen certified HDMI 2.1 cable. Believe me, I've Googled and tried every setting and recommendation I could find in the forums and reddit.
0 Likes
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

It runs at 165 with HDR off?

0 Likes
xxNiradxx
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
Yes, I seem to have no issues 165hz HDR off.
0 Likes
Solution
xxNiradxx
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory
After further testing, I removed overclock from CPU and GPU and I no longer had the black screen issue with 165hz and HDR. Not sure why as my computer was completely stable before I installed the new monitor. Maybe going from 144hz to 165hz was higher stress and the GPU and CPU resulting in instability.
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

Enjoy!

0 Likes