JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Odyssey G7 27, bug in Motion Blur Reduction (MBR)

(Topic created: 09-01-2020 11:55 PM)
Zaghal
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello!

GPU: Radeon VII

I have Odyssey G7 for a month now and i can't fix flickering issue even with latest driver from AMD and framware 1005.2

New issue:

I noticed while Free Sync is off and Response Times set to Motion Blur Reduction, always Response Time change back to fastest when i turn off my pc or restart, so i have every time to toggle back Response Time to MBR in mointor panel. is  that normal thing?

Please note that, two things might happen while MBR is on after i restart my PC:

1- Monitor Response Time change to Fastest so i have to change it back to MBR

2- Monitor Response Time still on MBR but it is not really active because if i change from MBR to fastest the brightness will remain the same and once i select back MBR the brightness will be lowered.

after all of that, is it possible to refund this mointor because i bought in local market in 18 July, and they told me that i can retrun or replace only in dead pixel.

Thanks in advance for any fix!

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Zaghal
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Fixed Smiley Very Happy

With latest Firmware ver 1007.1 Sep 4:

1- MBR is fixed.

2- Free Sync is way better for first time i am able now to play BF V with Free Sync, very rare flickering inside the game but still bad flickering on loading screen and lobby on some games.

I had Asus PG348Q G-Sync and 1080 Ti in the past so i know it is normal mointors flicker in loading screen and in lobby in some games but it was hard to notice in Asus monitor (very dim flickering) in top corner of the mointor but with Odyssey G7 and AMD GPU the full screen flicker from bottom to top.

Anyway i am happy now with 1007.1 update and hope for more improvment in the future.

View solution in context

0 Likes
4 Replies
SamsungLarryK
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Monitors and Memory

I recommend letting a service technician have a look. Send your full model code and serial number via private message or call

1-800-SAMSUNG directly to get started.

Solution
Zaghal
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Fixed Smiley Very Happy

With latest Firmware ver 1007.1 Sep 4:

1- MBR is fixed.

2- Free Sync is way better for first time i am able now to play BF V with Free Sync, very rare flickering inside the game but still bad flickering on loading screen and lobby on some games.

I had Asus PG348Q G-Sync and 1080 Ti in the past so i know it is normal mointors flicker in loading screen and in lobby in some games but it was hard to notice in Asus monitor (very dim flickering) in top corner of the mointor but with Odyssey G7 and AMD GPU the full screen flicker from bottom to top.

Anyway i am happy now with 1007.1 update and hope for more improvment in the future.

View solution in context

0 Likes
usercCNZHpiMp5
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I've found that if you turn of ingame telemetry overlays - like FPS counters etc....  fickering goes away.  

0 Likes
Zaghal
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

JoyStcik is broken

Joystick only go right and left and can't go up or down anymore

WoooW

0 Likes