Original topic:

SAMSUNG 49" Odyssey G93SC OLED LS49CG932SNXZA causing Macbook pro M3 Max crashing

(Topic created: 02-17-2024 04:51 PM)
sabcan1
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi Everyone, 

I just got a new Macbook and its crashing every day when it goes to sleep for an extended period of time. After various tests, it appears that the issue is the Samsung monitor. We started testing things one by one and now that I have unplugged the monitor the issues has stopped. Is this a known issue? 

The monitor is also fairly new, maybe a few months. Its plugged into the Mac with HDMI. Not sure if any of this info is useful. This is my first Mac so not sure what else to add here. I have had the Mac checked out a couple of times now so not sure what else it could be. I saw some forums that experienced similar issues but suggested that it was Google Chrome causing the crash so we removed it but it still happened. I unplugged every other device one by one to do a sensitivity analysis of sorts and the screen is the only thing left. If I plug it back in it crashes. Any thoughts?

screen purchased 10/22 from amazon via the Samsung store. Mac purchased 2/6

0 Likes
2 Replies
gdesantos
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm suffering the same. Did you find any solution?

0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend making sure nothing is connected to the Mac or monitor only that it is connected to each other. I would not recommend connecting it via a docking station as this can cause issues to occur. If this is still happening I would recommend to also make sure that the resolutions match on the Mac and the monitor just to make sure there's nothing else causing this to happen. 

If possible I would recommend to also try the monitor on a desktop PC to see if this causes the PC to crash. Please let me know if any of this helps. 

Also, I am unable to post the link here but on Reddit, there is a thread about this occurring with a Macbook Pro M2 and a G95NC monitor that may be of some help as they were able to resolve it and it was do to a resolution issue. 

0 Likes