JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

SSD T7 touch unreadable in windows 10

(Topic created: 06-15-2022 09:42 AM)
user1peS3wZvdC
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

My Samsung SSD T7 touch suddenly became unreadable in Windows 10, and windows asks to make a partition on it. Samsung portable SSD software show the disk as full, but it is 50% empty. How can I recover this problem? I see only one big disk not partitioned, so I do not see also the small partition where is allocated usually the Samsung software.  Can someone help me? 

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
Monitors and Memory
Connect to Linux and run file system repair
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Monitors and Memory
Does the drive show in disc management?
0 Likes
user1peS3wZvdC
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

Yes, thank you for reply. Unfortunately the format is RAW and I cannot do anything except formatting it. 

0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Monitors and Memory
Have you tried the drive in a different computer? You should be able to activate the drive and choose the no formatting option so you don't lose anything on it.
0 Likes
user1peS3wZvdC
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

It happened something strange. At the beginning the disc management saw two partitions, one very small and the other the usual RAW. 

But once that I ran the samsung portable ssd software the small partition disappeared and the problem was still there. 

No changes also unplugging and plugging back the device. The only visible partition was the huge RAW partition, unreadable for windows and full for the samsung software. 

0 Likes
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
Monitors and Memory
Sorry I don't know. You can try filing an error report and see what they tell you.