Original topic:

Samsung 980 PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 SSD, 1TB Windows 10 Pro 64 bit drivers

(Topic created on: 4/9/21 7:04 PM)
userB2e2cqLqgg
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have added the this drive to my Asus laptop.  to replace Intel SSD 660p M.2 drive,  The Laptop Device manager only show the Intel irst driver,  Intel RST VMD Controller 9A0B(TGL) device driver.

I see the Disk Drive shows the NVMe Samsung 980 1 TB.

But here is the issues , when I open the Samsung Magician 6.3.0 version  I get this error message in the software, Compatibility Issues, Select a drive which it has Samsung SSD 980.

But the Driver has a warning show Intel Corporation 18.0.4.1146 This device is connected to the driver that Magician does not support Microsoft or Samsung NVMe driver? 

How the do I fix this????  Samsung fix this issues

0 Likes
8 Replies
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

First: The 980 is a PCIe 4.0 device, not PCIe 3.0 as stated in your post title.

Second: What model laptop did you  do this to?

Third: Uninstall the Intel drivers in Device Manager for the disk drive and Storage Controller then reboot.

Does it work yet?

0 Likes
userB2e2cqLqgg
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

The Samsung 980 PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 SSD, 1TB title I just copied this from the Vendor where I bought the Drive from so they must have had an error in the listed Item name.

The laptop: Asus ZenBook 14 UX435EG-XH74 w/ Core™ i7-1165G7, 16GB.

hird: Uninstall the Intel drivers in Device Manager for the disk drive and Storage Controller then reboot.

Does it work yet? NO.  

It just re-installs,  I wiped the System and re-installed and I have to install the Intel driver to see any attched drives in the Windows,

Following these instructions:https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044458/

I think the Samsung Software does not suport the intel drivers listed in the above link.

0 Likes
userB2e2cqLqgg
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Also The Bios see the Samsung Drive, the Intel controller sees the drive, just the Samsung Magician software has the warning, and will not show the Drive Temp, and S.M.A.R.T Drive info. So is it Intel or Samsung or Asus issues.

0 Likes
userB2e2cqLqgg
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Just an FYI this is the part I have from samsung:980 PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 SSD, 1 TB | Samsung Canada, it does exist on the site.

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

My apologies, I was thinking of the 980 Pro installed in my computer.  Oops...

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

Did you try installing Samsung's NVME drivers?

0 Likes
userB2e2cqLqgg
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

The Samsung Downloads does not have a driver for 980 NVMe that  Iculd find that would install, the one on there site will not detect the that there is anything compatible on the the system., if you see the instrunction list, for windows install from the above link, I have to use the Intel driver at windows install to load the drivers, for windows to see the drive attached.

0 Likes
ddaniel51
Comet
Options
Monitors and Memory

Personally I would just  use it as is until Samsung updates their drivers.

I have 8 Samsung NVME's in my gaming computer all running on stock Microsft drivers with no issues.

0 Likes