cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constellation

Samsung Monitor working but gives black screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey y'all. I have been using a two monitor setup for a couple years now consisting of a SA300B Syncmaster Samsung monitor (monitor 1) and an Asus monitor (monitor 2). Out of nowhere, samsung monitor started giving me a black (blank) screen after turning on and proceeds to show no display. The monitor is working and I can move my cursor from Asus monitor to Samsung monitor (as shown here- https://imgur.com/gallery/RlYRGZL)) and the cursor disappears. I have tried updating firmware and drivers which are upto date to no avail. I have used a DVI (on the monitor) to HDMI cable, didnt work. I am using a VGA (on the monitor) to DisplayPort cable, didnt work.

Any ideas as to what I can or should do? Really want this to be fixed. Monitor is detected, working fine per computer ... but just shows a black screen.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: Samsung Monitor working but gives black screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110761/ If the monitor still fails after these steps. I recommend getting the device looked at by a service technician. You can leave your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a shot: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01110761/ If the monitor still fails after these steps. I recommend getting the device looked at by a service technician. You can leave your full model code and serial number via private message or call 1-800-SAMSUNG directly.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in original post

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

tried everything on there and more... still a black blank screen. When the monitor boots it shows analog on the top left corner and then switches to digital and then nothing .. just black screen. Manual is absolutely useless. The menu does not pop up when i press the menu button. Really really frustrated with this product... Any tips or diagnosis?

Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever find a solution to this. Just bought this monitor and having the same problem 

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Looking for a solution to this same issue.  Tried everything in the above document.  Any other options to troubleshoot?