JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Neo G9 49" strange gridlines / scanlines

(Topic created: 01-08-2024 03:28 AM)
Kim_Wurtz
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have a strange problem on a new Samsung G9 Neo 49" monitor. When an Excel sheet is open on the screen and only takes up partly the screen area, the gridlines set in the Excel sheet extends horizontal across the whole screen that is also outside the Excel window The gridlines only extends horizontal across the whole screen when the excel sheets has set the gridlines to small dotted lines. The funny thing is the more the Excel sheet occupies the screen horizontally, the more noticeable they are but nearly disappears if the Excel sheets is resized to occupy a only a small area of the screen (a narrow horizontal Excel window). I have tried all sorts of settings on the monitor but nothing makes this problem go away. It must be the screen, since if I take a snap shot of the screen (using the Snipping Tool), the excessive gridlines are not present, so I guess they are not present in the graphic signal send to monitor, but generated in the monitor due to some processing of the video signal. I use the Display Port for connectivity from a Radeon 7800 XT card and runs Windows 11 with Office 365. Does any one have a solution for that or is it only Samsung via a firmware upgrade (btw.: My G9 Neo is on the latest firmware from Samsung version 1015.0).

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend trying this scenario on all sources and if possible another display just to test if it's happening on anything else. Also, would recommend trying a new cable too. If it is happening on another display this may be an issue with the GPU, but if it's only happening on the G9 I would recommend service for this issue.  Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I would recommend trying this scenario on all sources and if possible another display just to test if it's happening on anything else. Also, would recommend trying a new cable too. If it is happening on another display this may be an issue with the GPU, but if it's only happening on the G9 I would recommend service for this issue.  Depending on your warranty you will have a couple of options. 

- If your unit was recently purchased, you can check with your retailer on their return/exchange processes.
- If you have an extended warranty you can reach out to them to have service set up. 
- If you're within the one year warranty, you can Private message me or one of our moderators or you can call in directly at 1-800- 726-7864 with your full model and serial number to have service setup
- If you're OUT of warranty, you can use this link below to find a service center in your area. 

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/