Original topic:

Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 firmware bug.

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
4K Gaming 1981
Asteroid
Options
Monitors and Memory

A couple of issues with firmware 1009.0 on my Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 is when contrast enhancer in on it seems to be crushing blacks and over brightening whites, does anyone else have this issue on their Neo G7 or G8?, I've tried each setting on the monitor and this is what's causing crushed blacks and a lack of shadow detail, if I turn contrast enhancer off the picture turns dim but shadow detail seem normal and has no crushed blacks, another issue I'm having is a there seems to be a local dimming bug with the Samsung Odyssey Neo G8 after I max out the brightness and contrast on the monitor and turn off the eco mode setting and the eye saver setting and set local dimming to high which is the brightest picture mode the full screen brightness looks okayish around 300 nits, it's not an overly bright monitor for a mini-led even at max brightness, but then after a while local dimming or something in the monitors firmware dims the picture way down and brightness is cut by more than half which it looks very dim and ugly, I would say around 10-15 full screen brightness at max brightness setting on the Neo G8, this feels like a firmware bug that needs to be addressed, this firmware bug happens both in SDR and HDR in games and using Windows and I checked the PC's settings and everything is set correctly both in NVIDIA control panel and Windows and gaming consoles are the same. I had to reset the monitor both in the OSD 3-4 times now because of this bug and unplug it multiple times so the monitor resets itself, this is unacceptable for such an expensive monitor, also something in the firmware of the monitor when my PC goes into screen saver and then I tap the mouse to wake it the picture of the Neo G8 is reduced in half and looks very dim and nothing I do on the monitor fixes the brightness, I have to unplug the monitor and reset it to default settings and then increase every picture setting to the max so my picture doesn't look dim.

0 Likes
0 Replies