JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart Monitor M8 - Unable to find the default camera when connected to laptop PC(windows)

(Topic created: 05-26-2022 03:57 PM)
userHtpvoLThYl
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I have connected my Windows laptop with HDMI cable to M8 montior. The video and audio connection works fine however i am unable to connect to the webcam provided with the monitor. It does not show as camera option on my pc to use for zoom or teams calls?

8 Replies
ddaniel51
Sun
Options
Monitors and Memory

I'm out.  My  apologies for even replying to this thread.

0 Likes
user95QOWOexdA
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi Daniel, can you be a bit more detailed please, specifying what part in User Manual to read in? Thanks

0 Likes
userL6ViHdK1MX
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

I got an M8 today and there was nothing in the quick setup guide to set it up. Assembly is easy and getting it running just for the TV is easy but  I cannot find any information about using the camera for my PC (for zoom meetings). If you try to find the manual on the website the model of the TV is not present - so no manual and the emanual does not explain anything

userQfiCEnnXOn
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

Same issue with Camera recognition here as well.  Camera works fine with Samsung pre-loaded apps, but fails to render when connected to my Windows Thinkpad Notebook or my HP Desktop. Both are newer devices on the latest version of Windows.  Time spent with Samsung support was fruitless having tried hard wired, Wifi and Bluetooth connections 😞  Don't want to ship the Monitor back to Samsung but bought it to benefit from the integrated camera while displaying my laptop and/or desktop 😞

Solution
userHtpvoLThYl
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I worked out for me finally, I was using HDMI cable which probably doesn't support the webcam. Use the type C cable with laptop and then it was working .

usersoHkSDUVSf
Constellation
Options
Monitors and Memory

I connected my laptop to the Smart Monitor M8 via HDMI for the video and Type C for the SlimFit camera. My laptop was able to detect the SlimFit camera in 'Devices and Printers'. However I am unable to switch the camera input to the SlimFit camera as it is not available as an option from the camera inputs.

How do I solve this issue? Do I need to install any drivers on my laptop?

0 Likes
user51eYIZkHDk
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

This guide solved my problem, use the left USB-C  and change settings from menu options to USB-C. Works fine. 

https://www.samsung.com/ca/support/computing/how-to-connect-the-smart-monitor-m80b-dedicated-camera/

user9YjKkvxijn
Astronaut
Options
Monitors and Memory

Hi, how do you do this for MacOS 12?  A guide would be great.

0 Likes